It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board

• Are racing thoughts a side effect of borderline personality disorder??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
    hazelbentley
    (female)

hazelbentley HB User
    Are racing thoughts a side effect of borderline personality disorder??

Ever since I could remember I've always been a scatter brain, but as I start to get to know my mind a bit better I now know I experience racing/obsessive thoughts all the time 24/7 . My therapist has been telling me all I need is talk therapy and that I am a typical BPD case. Even though everytime I leave I have absolutely no tools to help me deal with these thoughts. I can't even concentrate long enough to put my thoughts into words, there is a new thought what feels like every second and I can't remember any of them, it feels like in 5 minutes I could possibly think of 500 different things and not be able to recount any of them. And then the thoughts that I do remember are when I have a conversation or any type of interaction with people and I go over it a thousand times and find the silly or stupid looking things I did, and they just keep playing over and over in my head until something new happens. I just want to know if these things are just what goes along with BPD and if I am getting the right help I need.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread