It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board

• micro pituitary adenoma, prolactin and testosterone levels

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
    whitman26
    (male)

whitman26 HB User
    micro pituitary adenoma, prolactin and testosterone levels

Hi- It was discovered i had an 8mm micro adenoma. It raised my prolactin to 175 and lowered testosterone to 70. cabergonline lowered prolactin to normal levels. I had testosterone therapy raising my levels to normal but they went much lower again after the therapy. prolactin remains low. cortisol and insulin growth like factor 1 remain slightly elevated. Can any help as to why my testosterone remains low. I am 45 and active. slightly overweight by about 25 lbs but have always been even before the adenoma and prolactin issues. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
    orion
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
    Re: micro pituitary adenoma, prolactin and testosterone levels

You need to have tests for your hormones FSH and LH to determine if the low testosterone is from your pituitary or testicles. If LH is high and T now, then the problem is your testicles are not making T anymore. If LH and FSH are low and T low then the low T is from your lack of LH production in the pituitary. If your LH is low then most likely your growth hormone is also low since a pituitary tumor usually damages the GH first and then LH and ATCH.

Reply Reply