It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board

• Libido Issues and My results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 AM   #1
    NoHope99
    (male)

NoHope99 HB User
    Libido Issues and My results

Hi all,

A quick run down of my issue, I am a male and now 28 and over the past 8 or 7 years I have had some really bad problems in regards to my libido, it used to be perfectly normal but then it started to change, It has become so low now and I am showing all the signs of hypogonadism where I dont produce sperm anymore its just like water now. I have never taken steroids, or HGH or anything but I have suffered some pretty serious repeated Head Injury and it was suspected that the pituitary could be an issue.

Anyway the GP didn't want to pay for a blood test so I got one done with quite surprising results

THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 1.39 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.2
    FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 9.4 IU/L 1.5 - 12.4
    LUTEINISING HORMONE 6.3 IU/L 1.7 - 8.6
    PROLACTIN 179 mIU/L 86 - 324
    GROWTH HORMONE * 6.8 ug/L Up to 0.8
    CORTISOL 324 nmol/l 133 to 537 nmol/L

It seems like the Growth hormone is very very high its meant to be up to 0.8 and I have 6.8, The notes on the test from the Dr actually say this could lead to low libido and be a sign of pituitary damage but from what I read online this isn't what people are saying. Apart from this I am some what surprised that the other levels were not out although the TSH seems a little on the low side with the FSH and LH being quite high.

If anyone out there could some how help me with interpreting these, what they may mean and what tests I should try and do next I would really appreciate it so much.

Thanks very much for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply