It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board

• MRI With Contrast Tomorrow

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
    dove062476
    (female)

dove062476 HB User
    MRI With Contrast Tomorrow

Im a bit nervous.
    I have some questions though. Has anyone here with a pituitary adenoma had numbness on the left side of there face AND body? Is it possible for the adenoma to press against a nerve that can have that huge of an affect one side of the body? How much damage can an adenoma do? There doesnt seem to be a lot of info or a full list of symptoms or complications. Which is frustrating. My symptoms that seem to be in line with the adenoma are the pressure headaches, sinus pressure, my eye weeps during a migraine as does my nose, my face goes numb on the left side. But the symptoms that arent inline with the adenoma is the numbness on the left side of my body, the muscle cramps and spasms, i dont have full use of my left leg, its kinda locked, limited range of motion, oins and needles, tingling, warm/cold feeling and many more I know I am forgetting. Its just so confusing. I just wish there was more info.
    As for treatment, what have been your experiences? From what I understand there are pills, surgery and chemo/radiation. Any other treatments not listed? The info available info seems so vague.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #2
    TrulyBlessed79
    (female)

TrulyBlessed79 HB User
    Re: MRI With Contrast Tomorrow

Hello,
    I have had 3 surgeries for my pituitary adenoma. Thank GOD I have not experience the numbness on the left side of the body. I'm sure the MRI with contrast should show everything that's going on with your symptoms. Praying for good news on tomorrow.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
    dove062476
    (female)

dove062476 HB User

How was the recovery time for your surgeries? I am hoping for a pill to shrink it. I find out either Friday or Monday how big it actually is. I am hoping its only 6mm and not any bigger.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
    TrulyBlessed79
    (female)

TrulyBlessed79 HB User

My recovery for the last two surgeries was the longest because I developed blood clots after surgery. I was in the hospital anywhere from 5-7 days each time.

Reply Reply