It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pituitary Disease Message Board

• Doctors suspecting pituitary adenoma ... want opinions

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
    nathanm55
    (male)

nathanm55 HB User
    Doctors suspecting pituitary adenoma ... want opinions

Hello .... I have been battling health issues for nearly 3 years now, with no definitive diagnosis. I have battled extreme anxiety over this period of time. I was told about 6 months ago that I had a vitamin d deficiency (16.9). Shortly after this I found out my testosterone, calcium, and phosphorus were all low. My testosterone was a mere 200. Not exactly sure how low the calcium and phosphorus were.

I have been on trt for about 4 months the now and while I have experienced an increase in energy and sexual function, I'm still not right. My symptoms have been anxiety, insomnia, waking up in a full blown panic attack, feeling extremely weak at times, feelings of hypoglycemia no matter how much I eat or how I space my meals, increased thirst, nausea, numbness in hands and across left side of chest (heart has been ruled out).

I do know the tingling in fingers are more than likely the calcium being low. My last visit was with a doctor I hadn't seen before. My primary was out on vacation and I was scheduled for this doctor. He seems to think that I could possibly have an adenoma on my pituitary gland. I'm going Monday to ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. I feel like the primary doctors are spinning wheels and not making progress, but I think this latest doctor may hhave got me on the right track. What's your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2014, 04:22 AM   #2
    anxietysoldier
    (male)

anxietysoldier HB User
    I also have some of these problems, the increased thirst especially... Have you found out anything for your doctors?

Old 10-16-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
    DontPanic34
    (female)

DontPanic34 HB User
    Re: Doctors suspecting pituitary adenoma ... want opinions

Wow I am going through the same exact thing!! I have all of those symptoms you listed and I agree your best bet is to stick with the endo dr... I still haven't been officially diagnosed but from the sounds of the MRI I'm almost sure plus the symptoms.... I officially find out tomorrow

I will say the closer I am to finding out what's wrong the better my anxiety has gotten!! The panic attacks have been very frequent and intense!

I'm glad found this board!! You aren't alone

Old 09-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
    AT1723
    (male)

AT1723 HB User
    Re: Doctors suspecting pituitary adenoma ... want opinions

I also have a pituitary adenoma. My panic attacks stopped once I started lifting weights and exercising every day, I suspect it's related to cortisol levels. I also cut out gluten and sugar and alcohol from my diet. All these things cured my anxiety for the most part. Good luck with diagnosis and treatment!

Reply Reply