It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

Here We Go!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Hopeful13
(female)

Hopeful13 HB User
Question Here We Go!!

Hi!!
This is my first post and hoping I will be able to calm my nerves with the support of people who are going through/have gone through the same roller coaster as I. I always knew I had PCOS due to multiple cyst ruptures from the age of 14 to present. After 2 years of trying to conceive, I had a miscarriage. Pending my 30th birthday this past June, we, (my husband and I), decided to see a reproductive endocrinologist and through a series of tests discovered that I have 2 uterine polyps. After an 83 day cycle the doctor decided just to go through with the surgery. I am due this Friday for surgery and then they are planning on clomid and IUI's preceding my 6 week follow up. I was wondering if any of you had any information, personal experiences, struggles, weather negative or positive, as to what my future holds for me, please share. I don't need sugar coating. Difficulty is normal for this condition and I am tired of hearing all the cute fuzzy things that all the fertile people in my life recite routinely. Pardon me if I seem hostile. I am sure you can sympathize with me. I do appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
Countryhick06
(female)

Countryhick06 HB User
Re: Here We Go!!

I'm Sorry I have no info on that. But I wanted to wish you good luck. Wish you the best

Old 09-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #3
wishes421
(female)

wishes421 HB User
Re: Here We Go!!

First off, let me say I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I also hope your surgery went well
I am 42 yrs old and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18. I had very irregular periods growing up, and at my first OBGYN visit the doctor told me I had PCOS and that I would never have children. I was devastated. I got married when I was 20 and never used any kind of birth control. I got pregnant when I was 24, and had a beautiful baby girl (now 17!). I say all that to say that there is hope!
A few years later I began proactively trying to get pregnant again. My doctor tried me on clomid...no luck. I had some exploratory surgery done and I was diagnosed with Asherman's syndrome. It is when the opening of your uterus is partially fused together. I was also diagnosed with endrometrosis as well as a fibroid. I had surgery to correct the issues, but I never got pregnant. I believe one contributing factor was a lack of sex. (My ex was not the most passionate guy.) I also tried Metaformin, but it gave me horrible bowel issues and I had to stop taking it. Anyway, in 2011 I had a horrible cycle that just wouldn't stop. I bled horribly for almost a month and was extremely anemic. I finally got in to see my doctor and he scheduled me for surgery the next day. Since then I haven't really had any issues, and I'm no longer interested in having any children.
I will say that eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise will greatly improve your condition. Also, it doesn't do any good to stress or worry about it...that only makes things worse. It is important to find a good doctor who will listen to you and help you with what you need. Pay attention to your body, and don't feel like just because you have a "diagnosis" that you can't still go talk to your doctor about your concerns. I found that my general physician could address most of my concerns, and had more time to devote to me.

I know it's incredibly frustrating. Your periods are never regular, and when you're trying to get pregnant, every month is filled with hope. I have taken more pregnancy tests than I can count. It is so discouraging to keep seeing those 2 lines every time, when you just want to see the plus sign. But don't despair and don't give up. Just try to relax and take care of yourself.
I hope this was helpful

Closed Thread

Tags
clomid, hysteroscopy, iui, pcos, uterine polyps