It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Scared ... PCOS and HPV

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
    Riley33
    (female)

Riley33 HB User
    Scared ... PCOS and HPV

Hello and thanks so much in advance for any input! I am a 24 year old female. Let me start off by saying that I have experienced period-like cramping for almost a month now. At times its an unbearable cramp on my left or right side, sometimes it's just a dull ache all over. I've been regularly taking Tylenol to manage the pain. The cramping seems to be worse at night, especially after having sex. Other than the cramping, I have also experienced minor weight gain and tender breasts. Not always, but it occasionally burns when I pee which is accompanied by frequent urination. Last night I was spotting which is unusual for me. I have taken two pregnancy tests and I am not pregnant. I have been on Mirena for about four years, and have not had a period since bleeding from implant stopped. I went to the Gyno because the cramping and pregnancy symptoms have really started to worry me (I have not had any period symptoms since being on Mirena). She did a pap and during follow up advised that everything was fine... No UTI, STDs, etc. But that we could do an Ultrasound to make sure my Mirena has not moved (strings were cut too short after implant). She did not test for pregnancy. A week later I did the ultrasound and my Mirena is where it's supposed to be but I was told that I have PCOS. My Gyno pretty much just left it at that. I asked her if PCOS was the cause of my cramping and other symptoms... She said that I had fibrocystic breasts and that could cause breast tenderness but as far as any other issues we're concerned I would just need to see a general practitioner. The only piece of information I received was that I may have trouble trying to conceive with PCOS... When I inquired more on the subject, she was very dismissive because I do not want a child at this time. The only information I got about PCOS was from a pamphlet that I happened to notice and grabbed as I was walking out of the office. I still have no clue what 'fibrocystic breasts' means... It's on my list of things to research! I don't have the best insurance and cannot afford to go for a second opinion/more information. On top of all this, I received a call from the office a day after my visit advising that I actually have HPV. I am scheduled for a colposcopy a month from now. I asked the nurse on the phone if this could be the cause of my cramping, etc. and she advised that HPV does not show any symptoms. This is the first time that I have ever had any medical issues like this and clearly my Gyno had not been very helpful at all. I'm confused and scared. From the online research I did on PCOS, major symptoms include weight gain or obesity, severe acne, and extra hair growth. I have had some weight gain recently but still am not and have never been overweight. I'm 5'2, normally weight around 103 but recently weighed in at 107. My acne does seem a bit worse but has never really been an issue... A few bumps here or there. I contributed both of these things to lack of a good diet and exercise. I unfortunately have very dark hair, so hair growth has kinda always been an issue for me, but does not seem any worse at this time. Prior to Mirena, my periods were extremely irregular. This also appears to be a symptom of PCOS. My main question is what should I expect from all of this? Am I going to become obese? Will my acne and hair growth get worse? What about when I want to have a baby... Is PCOS and HPV combined going to make it extremely hard? Where are these mysterious cramping/pregnancy symptoms coming from? Really hoping there's someone out there who can relate. I apologize for this very long post... Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by Riley33; 02-21-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply