It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

Starting Birth Control?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
stayingpower
(female)

stayingpower HB User
Starting Birth Control?

So, I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and my gynaecologist prescribed me birth control and said to start taking it when I had my next period, but the problem is because my periods are so irregular, it's been about 75 days since my last period so I haven't been able to start yet! From what I've been able to see online, it doesn't actually matter when you start taking birth control, but I wanted to check here first in case anyone else had experience with this, or if there's anything specific to PCOS and starting on the first day of your period.

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
journey
(male)

journey HB User
Re: Starting Birth Control?

My sister has PCOS and she took the pill right away and it restored her body's natural hormones. Don't be scared to take your pills! It's really effective.

Reply Reply