It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Blood Work Results confusing

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
    hutchebs
    (female)

hutchebs HB User
    Blood Work Results confusing

I am researching for my 19 yo daughter. She has been to the GP, endocrinologist twice and gynecologist once. She has had so much bloodwork I am starting to get confused. She has yet to get an actual diagnosis, but last appt in July the endocrinologist prescribed 1000 Metformin ER "for her metabolism" he said.

She has normal BMI but not feeling like herself with 15 extra lbs that won't budge. I took that as a sign he was leaning toward PCOS even though she did come back with very very low Hashimoto antibodies. GP also found low T3 in May. She has gotten two periods since starting the Metformin within 35-36 days of each other which is great and unusual.

Just got back the bloodwork the gynecologist ran as a 3 day test and her testosterone and free testosterone came back comfortably within range and her FSG and LH were 1:1 exactly.

Does this mean it is likely NOT PCOS?

Thanks to anyone who has any insight...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User
    Re: Blood Work Results confusing

Truly hutchebs, I wonder why you took her to any doctor for a normal BMI but not feeling like herself with 15 extra lbs that won't budge. Surely there is some other reason. ?

It sounds like she merely needs to be more active and cut out sugar and simple carbs.
    Sugar and simple carbs are depressants.

Also, is something in her social life bothering her?

Reply Reply