It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• weird pain during sex.....pcos related also

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #1
    sunnydawn33

sunnydawn33 HB User
    Question weird pain during sex.....pcos related also

Hi everyone!
    Newbie here....I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance in Sept. 2003. Looking back now on my adolescent years, i have always had the classic PCOS signs and it was never diagnosed. My endo put me on Metformin 500mg 1xday for 3 mo. In Feb. 2004, had bloodwork and results were better than before taking Met. Endo put me on 500mg. 2xday for 6 mo. Next appt. is Aug. 4th........ In March 2004, i began to have a period, my first since i was 14, by the way, i am now 33. I was so elated to just be having a period!!!!! April and May, had normal periods like clockwork. The first of June, during intercourse with DH, i had this horrible deep pain.... i had to stop it was so painful!! I have never had any pain during sex with DH for 12 years and this really scared me! During the next couple of days, i had bad cramps and felt like peeing all the time, so i go to family doc and was tested for UTI and all was normal. I was put on antibiotics anyway for fear of bacterial vaginosis. Took all of antibiotics and pain is mostly gone but i get a tinge every once in a while. So, in June.......NO PERIOD! I had all the cramps as usual but nothing has happened. Now it is July 11th and still no period. I cannot get in to see my Gyno until July 19th. This pain is really scaring me......any suggestions as to what this might be? Anyone else had this happen? Should i take a pregnancy test? We aren't really trying to get preg at this time. Sorry this was sooooooooo long.....thanks for reading, any replies appreciated................
    sunnydawn33

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
    dolphin27
    (female)

dolphin27 HB User
    Re: weird pain during sex.....pcos related also

Although I can't answer your questions, I would just like to let you know that I too am on the metformin same dose as yourself experience the same situation you are in with the pain, feeling of infection, taking the antibiotics and what not. The only difference is that I never got a first period, that might be part of the reason as to why I'm having the pain. My gyno appointment is july 15 only a few days before yours, if noone else has any answers, I would be glad to update you when I have my appointment. Anyway, reading your post was like reading my situation. I haven't had any luck with a home pregnancy test myself but you think it is a possibility it would definately be worth buying one just to know. Good luck!

Closed Thread