It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• PCOS - lost weight & doc said I'm cured. Sounds too simple? Anyone else heard of this

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
    ChickadeeFromOz
    (female)

ChickadeeFromOz HB User
    PCOS - lost weight & doc said I'm cured. Sounds too simple? Anyone else heard of this

Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 months ago, after I kept getting cramps and my periods almost stopped. I had ultrasounds and blood tests to confirm it, and everything came back that it was PCOS. My doctor didn't put me on any medication and just said I needed to lose weight and everything would return to normal. I did weight watchers and lost 15kg (I think that's about 33 pounds) and returned to my doctor for the tests. He did the tests and it showed my testosterone and everything were back to normal and my periods are now almost totally regular (a couple of days out each month), so my doctor said I was cured.

It just sounds a little too simple for me. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year with no results, and I'm still really scared that we won't be able to because of this PCOS.

I'm testing my ovulation each month using the pee-on-the-stick tests, and it says I'm ovulating, but I'm not getting the same amount of mucus I was getting when the PCOS seemed to be really bad. Does that mean anything?

Can PCOS really be cured just by losing weight? Has anyone else heard of this, or managed to conceive after losing weight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread