It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• on metformin but still no ovulation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
    rotti
    (female)

rotti HB User
    on metformin but still no ovulation

Hi guys rotti here.

Ive now been on metformin for just under a year and so far i believe the drug has worked to a extent.

At first i had the side affects were terrible but at least i was having a period and i did have one for the first 4 months even though my first lasted for a little over 2 months. But since this i have still not had another period, therefore im not ovulating and cant get pregnant. Me and my husband are desperate for children but cant recieve ivf until i loose weight which i find almost impossible to do dispite regular exercise. has anyone had simular problems with metformin gradually wearing off ?

rotti xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
    Merrysarah
    (female)

Merrysarah HB User
    Re: on metformin but still no ovulation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rotti View Post
    Hi guys rotti here.

Ive now been on metformin for just under a year and so far i believe the drug has worked to a extent.

At first i had the side affects were terrible but at least i was having a period and i did have one for the first 4 months even though my first lasted for a little over 2 months. But since this i have still not had another period, therefore im not ovulating and cant get pregnant. Me and my husband are desperate for children but cant recieve ivf until i loose weight which i find almost impossible to do dispite regular exercise. has anyone had simular problems with metformin gradually wearing off ?

rotti xxx
    Hi Rotti

Im Sarah and know exactly what your going through, I have been on Metformin for a while now and my husband and i are desperate to have kids but im just not ovulating so nothings happening. I am also the same when it comes to my weight. no matter what I eat or rather not eat and the amount of physical activity I do I can not loose the weight. Ive tried all sorts from diet clubs to going it alone and nothing works. Id love someone to just wave a majic wand and make it all better but I just dont know how to sort this problem out?

Old 02-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
    TLValiant
    (female)

TLValiant HB User
    Re: on metformin but still no ovulation

I understand where you are both coming from. I have been on metformin for 3 years now and while it helped at first, it is starting to not work as well I feel. Of course instead of going and trying to find another endocrinologist to see if there is something else I can do.

Terry

Closed Thread