It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• PCOS newly diagnosed/fortamet

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
    wannabemomme
    (female)

wannabemomme HB User
    PCOS newly diagnosed/fortamet

Hey Everyone...
    Over the past two weeks I have been diagnosed with PCOS the doctor has put me on 1000mg of fortamet, also he told me to start using Ovulation Kits...Some of my affects with PCOS are weight gain, facial hair...I have a regular period every month still but the doctor said it could be regular or not be. it could be break through bleeding which ive always thought was normal...So, this is why he told me to start using the ovulation kits...I got married in 04 and been with my now husband since 02...we were never trying before but we always had unprotected sex, pull out method...i'm just worried for so many years it never happen...but we are TRYING now...
    So, i just wnat to hear new opinions or thoughts....Has anyone taken Fortamet...is metformin better than fortamet? The doctor said I could juse choose because he said foramet has that extended realease and more people have lesss symptoms...I really wanna get pregnant and loose some of this weight...its been a constant battle for years with me...
    I also bough the no flour no sugar diet book..to help get ideas on what i could cut out...

If anyone has any stories, thoughts, etc please let me know..i'm so curious...how long itmight take...will i loose weight etc...or if anyone else is trying id' love to make friends to keep in touch wit while were going through this!

Gin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
    SweetHome
    (female)

SweetHome HB User
    Re: PCOS newly diagnosed/fortamet

From what I found online, it looks like you are already taking metformin. I take metformin currently 850mg two times a day. I don't like it and have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow.

It works for me. I have a period but I don't know if I am ovulating or not. I used a OPK and it never showed a positive. I am not sure that I timed it right or not though. Any way, my side effects are problematic for me. I have diarrhea with this medication on a regular 4 hour basis while taking this medication. I also wake up feeling intensely nauseated and sluggish. I tried eating different things and cutting the pills in half and taking them 4 times a day.

So I am wondering if the extended release with will work for me. My doctor wants to go to Clomid.

I too am trying to lose weight. I changed my diet and trying to get more exercise but I can admit that I am not that devoted to exercising. So I have to make the decision as to whether the side effects are worth getting pregnant. I think so but the problem is I don't feel very sexy when I can't control my bottom or my stomach. So I am still deciding.

Closed Thread