It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• pcos/bcp/natural remedies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
    babygurl77
    (female)

babygurl77 HB User
    pcos/bcp/natural remedies

hey everyone! ive been diagnosed with pcos about a year ago....but only had an ultrasound done...the dr said they couldnt do blood work unless i got off the pill...i never had any other tests done to confirm the condition..ive been on diane 35 for a year and half now..i was on it before for a year then switched to something else, but then went back on it..
    i really dont want to be on bcp anymore due to the side effects and the health risks...but im also very scared to come off the pill (i kinda feel the pill caused pcos)
    i took accutane last year to fight my acne...which it did...my skin is looking great...but im scared to come off the pill and have the acne return
    i eat an ok diet..i dont eat dairy...i eat whole wheat instead of white..ive started eating more fruit and vegs...i also take a lot of vitamins.. (omega 3-6-9, vit c, acidopphilis, horestail grass, burdock, multi cal mag, calcium)
    i want to treat pcos naturally..but is it really possible? i know some herbs, vitamins, homepathic remedies must help some..but are there natural remedies that have the same effect as birth control or spiro...
    is there anyone who only uses natural stuff to treat their pcos? if so, what do you use and does it help?
    please and thank u

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
    sheilahazalia
    (female)

sheilahazalia HB User
    Re: pcos/bcp/natural remedies

I have seen web sites claiming certain diest and vitamins can reverse the symptoms of pcos, if you serch on ****** i am sure you will find the same cites, i forget the address but it was a whole person natural approach seemed sensible but was a very strict diet and seemed pricey so i didnt try it. Also i dunno where you are from but if yo uahve any "health food" alternative type stores near you that sell herbs and tinctures they may have some suggestions, i saw that a few members mentioned vitex so i wnet to go ask about it but ended up buying a differant tincture that included vitex in it and hopefully shoudl regulate me and help to conceive. you also might try finding a holistic doctor i am going to one and had a meridian test done ( i had one done prior to beign diagnosed and found it to be a sound descion) and then they can suggest differant whole food supplements to try.he als odid a food allergy test and found some foods i was allergic to and explained how that contributed to PCOS. its alot of trial and error as far as i can see. i woudl like a natural approch also, but am sticking to the prescriptions the endo dr gave me until i see a full turn around. i hope this helps pr atleast gives you some options to explore.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
    babygurl77
    (female)

babygurl77 HB User
    Re: pcos/bcp/natural remedies

thanks for the response..i appreciate it
    what is a meridian test?
    im seeing my naturpath dr today..

Closed Thread