HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos/)
-   -   Anyone else out there sick of being PCOS?!?!?!?! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos/540517-anyone-else-out-there-sick-being-pcos.html)

aspidites 10-06-2007 11:06 AM

Anyone else out there sick of being PCOS?!?!?!?!

I am soooooooo tired of being PCOS. I would say having PCOS, but heck lets be real, we live every day being PCOS... it is part of our being and won't just go away like a cold or the flu. I am so tired of having to deal with the excess weight, and hair, and sugar probs with PCOS. I don't want to take meds everyday anymore, my poor stomach is a mess. I had a daughter so I am one of the lucky ones there, but she is 2 and I still can't get rid of the belly weight. I have a horrible husband so I guess the stress contributes, but I am so tired of all the meds and the PCOS problems. I have high blood pressure, migraines, PCOS, and hypothyroid. I just wish I could have a few weeks off from my health problems, a vacation from sickness. I know it's not like I have cancer or HIV or something else that I could have that is much worse than what I do have but I'm still tired of it. Anyone else ever just feel so angry and helpless and worthless over all of this?? Most of the time I do well handling everything in my life, but every once in a while, I feel like this and I bet I'm not alone. And doctors are usually 0 help. Sometimes they make you feel worse. I almost sometimes feel betrayed as far as my womanhood goes because of this. Anyone else out there want to shout out a scream for a few to vent some frustration!!!

gladimher24 10-10-2007 04:31 PM

Re: Anyone else out there sick of being PCOS?!?!?!?!

Hello! I may a have a little good news for you. I also have PCOS. I went on BC after a year of not having a period, and about 8 years of not know what was wrong with me. So, anyhow, the BCP I took for about 2 years. It helped to regulate my periods, which in turn, lowered my high blood pressure, headaches, and it helped me to lose the weight I had gained. I just went off of the BCP Saturday because of side effects from that. But, now, having lost the weight, and I am eating better, I feel normal with the BCP. I was also just reading on how I could change my diet to help the PCOS in a positive way, and it said that a diet low in carbs is very helpful. When you eat a lot of carbs, the sugar is just stored in you body, the fat in your stomach. And just excercise. I am doing very well with this, and I hated noting being able to eat the foods that I wanted at first, but I got used to it. And drink lots of water, and stay away from caffiene..that will just make your blood pressure go up. I hope this gives you a spark of hope. Keep in touch..I know how much PCOS sucks! Good luck!

PrincessSweetNS 10-11-2007 01:46 PM

OOh me, me!!! I am SO SICK of being PCOS. I'm tired of tweezing my little beard (oh god...) and then the next day, resting my chin on my hand,and feeling the stubbies growing back already. Or how about trying every kind of diet, and losing barely anyhting?

Okay, I tried South Beach--- everyone I knew lost like 5 lbs in the first three days! It took my a MONTH to lose that!! I love how the biggest 'cure' for PCO is to lose weight......but nobody addresses just how hard that is for a lot of PCOS patients!

I woudl go on BCP, but my Dh and I are TTC---- so I'm going for Ovarian Drilling---I have too many cysts to try for Clomid, and my insulin is normal so Metformin is out of the question now. :(:(:(

I'm workign with a bunch of very, very health concious people, and I eat the same things they do. No red meat, all whole grains, no sugars except for in natural fruits, drink 2.5 litres of water a day, no caffeine...... and everyone still thinks all I eat is fast food because of my body :(:(:(

Sorry for the rant, but it felt good to get out.

aspidites 10-11-2007 09:09 PM

I soooo know what you mean about the little stubbies on your chin/neck area growing back so quickly after being tweezed. I feel like I am tweezing mine everyday. I feel like I can't lose any weight no matter what I try either... it's so disappointing. But it does feel good to talk about it with others who have the same problem!!!

mrenner75 10-17-2007 01:45 PM

Hi,

I have had it, that i know of, since i was 19. I am now 32 and have only been diagnosed with it about 6 years. I went through so many test and finally got the diagnosis. I went to my moms OB with my concerns, becuase my mom had it too. She was rude and told me it was my weight. WHatever, i had these problems before i got the weight. She didnt even offer to do any test. I moved on and kept seeing dr's from there. I put on 100lbs in a little over three years. It has been very hard on my body. I dont eat much meat at all. I would rather have grilled eggplant and a portabella mushroom than any desert. The hair under my chin bothers me so much. I break out the tweezers when my husband goes to bed because i'm embarrassed. My sister is a size 0 and people wonder why i am so much larger than her. Its frustrating. I went to curves for a whole year, but the dr told me i was waisting my time and money until we get my PCOS under control. I take metformin 500mg 3xs daily.

wendy2468 10-24-2007 01:54 AM

Oh its good to rant! Its just not fair this pcos!! I'm fed up with it too. I've had it all my adult life, but I am so lucky too to be blessed with 3 children! Yes three even though I only have about 2 or 3 periods a year. Can you believe that!! My gyno said to me after I had my first child that I won the lottery and It won't happen again! Maybe I should sue him? (Only Joking)

As I'm getting older (35) the side effect of this pcos is getting worse! The hairy chin, oh yes I can relate to that. I have to pluck at least once a day. Sometime a new hair will grow within hours :confused: . I'm sure I check that chin and it was clear, but no I must have missed it! Fat belly, yes have one of those too. I was only asked twice last year when I was due! :mad:
I suppose its nice not too have periods every third week, especially when I'm not broody. But the thing is I'm always broody! When people ask me if I'm having more, It would be lovely to say, yes maybe I will give birth next spring. No I can't say that, I have to leave in Gods hands. Do I sell the baby gear buy white carpets and think about a paid job for me? Don't know I may fall pregnant again, who knows. But Ive been thinking like this for 4 years now, wanting to not make plans just in case I get pregnant. When do I finally realise I won't get pregnant again?

Or will I ??????:confused:

sidhu2004 07-17-2008 12:13 AM

wendy 2468 - hahahahah that was really funny ... and do count me to be a fellow sufferer.. it is nice to laugh at one's own problems once in a while..but must say you have been really lucky to be blessed with three kids!

Italia 43 07-17-2008 05:50 PM

I am PCOS/INSULIN RESISTANCE/THYROID/BIPOLAR ALL IN 1... I Developed thyroid and pcos and IR from years of bipolar pills that i refuse to take now due to all of these issues.. i have hair all over my face and chest and thighs. i talk like a man and i am very aggressive type.. i used to be very thin before i took bipolar pills. 120pds. once i took these bipolar pills i gained 200 pounds in a year and developed all of these issues. i have dropped some weight 50 pounds since then, because i stopped the bipolar pills, but man i cant even take metformin without a side effect of 30 times a day diahreea. its insane. i am so upset about my health.. i am always craving sugar all day long.. if i dont get my dose of sugar i cant function properly.. i can never loose weight no matter what diet or excerise i have done.. no luck.. can any body help me.. i am only 24 and never had any kids.. i have tried, but no luck.. my periods are all messed up.. sometimes i get a period twice a year. then out of no where i wont stop bleeding for 2 months straight.. Had an ultrasound done and a endrometrio biopsy, all negative.. my paps always negative.. i am so lost.. plus i am constantly going pee and doctor checks me for a UTI and its always negative too.. i just dont know what to do.. i even had a cat scan with contrast of my abdomen, because i had pains.. always negative even though i get constant digestive/bowel issues.. my whole body messed up.. i pray o have kids 1 day.. i just dont know..:angel::angel::angel::confused: