It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Problems with Maintaining Weight (severe weight loss with pcos)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
    shadowreaperx
    (female)

shadowreaperx HB User
    Problems with Maintaining Weight (severe weight loss with pcos)

I have PCOS. I was diagnosed just after my seventeenth birthday. I had never had a regular period in my life. I've dealt with the hair loss since I was twelve. My family thought I was pulling it out myself until they learned that PCOS causes hair loss. I actually had a child when I was eighteen and almost miscarried him in my second trimester because of PCOS. PCOS caused complications when I was in labor. My son and I almost died in childbirth, but we're ok now .

Anyway, I dealt with the significant weight gain, but recently I've been dealing with severe weight loss. Last year I lost thirty pounds in one week. Ironically, that week was also the week my son learned how to walk. I thought that chasing after him, my daily exercises, and my three small meals were the reason, so I started eating more. I went from a size ten jeans to a size four.

Now my size four's are way too big. I'm not anorexic or balemic. On the contrary, I eat myself out of a house and home and keep it down, and my daily exercises consist of constantly chasing after my son.

When I was little I was nothing but skin and bones because of a medical condition. I almost died. I'm a little freaked out by this, but at the same time I dont want to go to a doctor unless it's something serious (I'd have to be almost dead to go to a doctor).

Has anyone else with PCOS had this problem? Should I go to a doctor or wait it out?

Last edited by shadowreaperx; 06-19-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread