It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• since i had a period does that mean my ovarian cyst is gone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
    saraw
    (female)

saraw HB User
    since i had a period does that mean my ovarian cyst is gone

Since i had a period does that mean my ovarian cyst is gone? was was diagnosed with gone?Ihogot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
    Solange3000
    (female)

Solange3000 HB User
    Re: since i had a period does that mean my ovarian cyst is gone

Hello Saraw, if you have PCOS and you have a period, it does not mean your cysts are gone. I had regular periods before I became pregnant and the ring of cysts were always there. Even now that I'm pregnant they are still there.

Last edited by Solange3000; 09-04-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
    estria
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hello Saraw,

No just because you got your period it does not mean that your cyst is gone. I have an 8 cm simple cyst that has been there for about a year and I have been getting regular monthly periods. Only an ultrasound can confirm that your cyst is gone. Good luck.

Estria

Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
    tealilly
    (female)

tealilly HB User

I have PCOS and in the last three months, I've had a nasty bladder infection. I was treated with antibiotics and as of one week ago, I was told that the infection is gone. Yesterday, I felt a dull pain, ache in my lower left abdomen that is a little different from the dull ache I had with the bladder infection. I'm so confused and don't know what to do. I started thinking about what else it could be. I'm wondering if the ache is from a cyst that maybe developed. I did notice, right before my infection that my hormones were a bit out there.....feeling depressed a lot and more than usual and then boom I got the infection and now I'm feeling like I have a little ball tugging at the lower part of my left side.....I'm scared. I know I should see my gynecologist, but I'm not happy about being probed and poked at.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
    leila20
    (female)

leila20 HB User

I get periods and still have lots of little cysts all over both ovaries. I dont know if they go away.

Closed Thread