It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Pcos & Pregnant

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
    chris02
    (female)

chris02 HB User
    Talking Pcos & Pregnant

Hi there,

I'v not been on the site for a while. But I found out last week after 18 years of trying that I am 6 weeks pregnent. No one was more shocked than me and I did 4 tests and confirmed with the doctor before I could believe it.
    However on friday I started bleeding and was sent to a early pregnancy unit for a scan, they checked and we saw a little sac with a heartbeatin the middle and was told that everything was fine and that it was breakthough bleeding or embedding bleeding caused by the baby's implatation.
    I would like to hear from anybody who has experienced this has I am a bit heavier today and the hospital says I should not be worried and to let it run its course and I'm not sure how long it should go on for or how heavy it should be.
    On a brighter note please don't give up hope if I can get this far after 18 years of pcos there is hope for anybody else. The only thing I did different was to have reflexology I'm now a complete believer.

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
    venus1982
    (female)

venus1982 HB User
    Smile Re: Pcos & Pregnant

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris02 View Post
    Hi there,

I'v not been on the site for a while. But I found out last week after 18 years of trying that I am 6 weeks pregnent. No one was more shocked than me and I did 4 tests and confirmed with the doctor before I could believe it.
    However on friday I started bleeding and was sent to a early pregnancy unit for a scan, they checked and we saw a little sac with a heartbeatin the middle and was told that everything was fine and that it was breakthough bleeding or embedding bleeding caused by the baby's implatation.
    I would like to hear from anybody who has experienced this has I am a bit heavier today and the hospital says I should not be worried and to let it run its course and I'm not sure how long it should go on for or how heavy it should be.
    On a brighter note please don't give up hope if I can get this far after 18 years of pcos there is hope for anybody else. The only thing I did different was to have reflexology I'm now a complete believer.

Chris
    CONGRATULATIONS! My aunt could not get pregnant as well. She was married in her early 20's and could not get pregnant. When she was around 44 she got pregnant without after all these years (she wasn't trying to). It was sad because at the time when she got pregnant she felt that she was too old, and they told her about the risks and she was getting kinda sick from being pregnant so she decided not to go through with it. I think she should have because it was a blessing...but I don't know if she regrets her decision or not. I wish you all the best and CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN!!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
    stoter1
    (male)

stoter1 HB User
    Re: Pcos & Pregnant

CONGRATS,
    Implantation bleeding is pretty normal. Pretty textbook stuff. As long as you don't feel any cramping, you should be fine. Also, some women get a light period around the time they'd normally get a period. Good luck and god bless!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
    Solange3000
    (female)

Solange3000 HB User

Hi Chris, big congrats to you. I have PCOS and I also am pregnant. I also had bleeding when I was almost 6.5 weeks, the bleeding was a little heavy but it was brown in color. My doctor wanted to see me right away and at the u/s everything was fine. They told me it was implantation bleeding and not to worry about it and that it would last for a couple of days. Since you are over 6 weeks I would suggest for you to jump to the pregnancy board because you'll be able to hear from other pregnat women and they'll answer to a lot of your questions.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
    chris02
    (female)

chris02 HB User

Hi there,
    How long did your bleeding last for? Im still bleeding 5 days now and getting heavier everyday. I'm really worried now and have booked in for another scan on Thursday morning to check things out. I'm not to confident to be honest I really believe that I am losing this baby that I have waiting so long for. I just don't see how it can be ok after the amount of bleeding I'm having. I don't know what I am going to do if I lose this baby.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
    Solange3000
    (female)

Solange3000 HB User

Oh Chris I'm sorry, I was only bleeding for 3 days but by the last day it was very light and then it just stopped. I remember the doctor telling me that I should go in again if the bleeding became heavier and redish like a period. I sure hope that everything will be ok with you and your baby. Let us know how everything goes on Thursday. Please think positive and don't lose hope, we are here to support you.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
    chris02
    (female)

chris02 HB User

Hi Solange,
    Bad news I'm affraid. I went for the scan this morning and we have lost the baby. I'm beside myself I just don't know what to do. Everybody is fussing over me and I just want to scream, and to be left alone. I know I can try again but it took 18 years for this one and don't know how many more years I can do this. Thank you for listening.
    Chris

Last edited by chris02; 09-25-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #8
    Nina1978
    (female)

Nina1978 HB User

Chris, I am sorry for your lose and pain. I didn't have the words, but I'm thinking of you and you're in my prayers.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
    Solange3000
    (female)

Solange3000 HB User

Oh Chris, I'm deeply sorry this has happened. I was really hoping the bleeding would stop. It is a good idea to take some time for yourself. I'll be praying for you and please don't give up, I know it's easier said than done, but don't lose your hopes.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #10
    chris02
    (female)

chris02 HB User

Hi solange,
    Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I'm just numb at the moment. I keep crying without warning, I'm not even sure what starts me off half the time. My husband and family have been great, but they don't really know what to say or do for me. I can't blame them I don't even know what to do either. The bleeding finally stopped today so I guess it's all over physically now. I just need to try to pick myself up and carry on now. I haven't used birth control for 18 years and I'm not going to now. I'm going to continue with my if it happen's it happen's attitude that I'v had for years and just hope for the best.

Last edited by chris02; 09-28-2008 at 06:57 AM.

Closed Thread