It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Prego symptoms & PCOS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
    infertmert
    (female)

infertmert HB User
    Prego symptoms & PCOS

Hi I'm found out I was prego a few weeks ago and was so surprised and amazed. I was testing some herbs out to see if they would make me sick or have any kind of neg affect. Well, lo & behold I'm prego, but very scared. I feel I've cheated fate. I'm afraid and nervous that it's going to take my baby and it's keeping me from enjoying this pregncy. The fact that my symptoms come and go and I cramp all the time doesn't help. Has anyone every felt this way before? And has anyone camped alot during the first trimester or is the PCOS affecting the pregncy in a different way. I only have a few symptoms and the are really not that bad except for the cramping. any response is welcomed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
    Solange3000
    (female)

Solange3000 HB User
    Re: Prego symptoms & PCOS

Infertmert, congratulations on your pregnancy, you must be so excited with the news. I'm also pregnant and I also have PCOS. I don't really have any more cramps that I used to have before I became pregnant, it actually seems it's less, the only thing that doctors are keeping an eye on me is for my sugar blood level. Because of the insulin resistance which is related to PCOS, they are concerned that I will develop gestational diabetes so I need to monitor my levels. Other than that, I really haven't had any other symptoms related to PCOS.
    Please think positive and don't stress yourself over the pregnancy, stress is never good for the baby. Just make sure you are being checked by a doctor. I can't really say much here about the pregnancy, I would suggest for you to move into the pregnancy boards. In case you want to ask me any other questions, I'm under the April 2009 mommies.
    I wish you and your baby all the best.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
    infertmert
    (female)

infertmert HB User

Thank you for the response. I think you're right I will try to take it to the pregnancy board. It's just that I'm thinking it might be related to PCOS.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
    tawnya4
    (female)

tawnya4 HB User

I have pco and have two beautiful baby boys. I had to go on fertility the to get prego the first time and when he was 9 months old i got prego with the second one. I cramped alot with my first pregnancy and even spotted a little. I was also worried every minute that went by. Just relax and you will be fine. I think it is just your uterous contracting, adjusting to the new pregnancy. To make you feel better you should do as much research as possiable. I read all kinds of books and one of my favorites is "what to expect when expecting". It covers all your pregnancy questions. CONGRATULATIONS!

Closed Thread