It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Has Anyone Fallen Pregnant And Succeeded With Help For Pcos

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
    jane1308
    (female)

jane1308 HB User
    Has Anyone Fallen Pregnant And Succeeded With Help For Pcos

Hi all, I am new to these forums, anyway i am now 31 and was diagnosised at 24 with pcos. I have never had regular cycles since i was 14 and i have the systoms of facial hair, weight gain, mood swings and depression at times aswell as infertility! My partner and I have been trying for 4 years and 1 of those years is on treatment! all my doc's say is you need to lose weight cos that is the cause, i know weight didn't cause my PCOS cos I had the right BMI as a teeneager! Since i have been on the treatment my moods got worse and my depression, i have been on metformin for a while now and my last treatment i got a folicle but it wasn't big enough and my wall wasn't thick enought! My wanting a family gets stronger everyday and the PCOS gets to me more and more as each day comes and as my clock ticks! i have no-one around me that understands the feeling of not being able to do what "normal" women can do! i see young girls everyday with babies or are pregnant and i come home and cry "why can't that be me" doe's it happen for anyone out there? some advice, understand and positives would really help ANYONE!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to jane1308:
    speed1335 (03-02-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
    tinarogers
    (female)

tinarogers HB User
    Re: Has Anyone Fallen Pregnant And Succeeded With Help For Pcos

ive suffered with pcos since i was 20,im now 35 i did manage to have 2 healthy children with no medical intervention when i was 21 & 23 but it took me a year both times to concieve and my weight was down to what it should have been at that time. i since have battled with my weight and it has increased allot, i have wanted to concieve since but have never been able to and have been told its cos of the weight, my periods are all over the place, i have depression, anxiety and bad mood swings, i found metformin beneficial in stabilising my periods, and losing a few pounds for a while but the effects then seemed to wear off and the periods dissapeared again, and the weight crept back on. ive found 2000mg evening primrose oil daily & 1000mg starflower oil daily have really helped with balancing hormones, you have to be taking them for a couple of months to notice any change but ive felt a lot of benefit, been on it for 3 months now. but definately weight is the big contributing factor with pcos and concieving im afraid, but dont loose faith, have you spoken to your dr about clomiphene or clomid its a oral egg stimulating drug. you can be referred for assissted conception treatment, and you qualify for a free attempt at ivf if you or your partner havent got any children allready. sorry couldnt be much help but ive been where you are wanting to die everytime smone says they are pregnant, closing my eyes everytime i walked passed mothercare, sweetie it will happen for you just hang on in there and have faith. x

Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
    Namibia
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Namibia HB User

Jane hang in there I know it is not easy but with medical intervention you CAN have a baby. I am 29 and have PCOS, I only found out I had it once we started ttc. I have always had irregular cycles but no gyne ever diagnosed my PCOS. Here is a story of hope I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 5 weeks ago after 2 1/2 years of trying. I tried clomid but it did not work but I did concieve using Gonal-f injections. Ask your dr or gyne about different treatments, I know how hard it can be when everyone around you gets pg and when you see pg girls around it really hurts.

I was also on metformin for 4 months before I got pg.

Good luck

Old 12-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
    Solange3000
    (female)

Solange3000 HB User

Hello Jane, I'm also another success story. I also have PCOS and I'm currently pregnant and everything is going well. I had to do one IVF cycle to achive this pregnancy but I also had some other problems with my husband because he also had low sperm count. I just want to tell you not to lose any hope about getting pregnant. It is always healthier to lose a bit of weight, it will increase your chances of getting pregnant and it will be better for you and for the baby.
    Before we decide we wanted to have a baby my doctor recomended that I went on a diet so I lost close to 30 pounds. I know it's hard work, I had to do it but it's worth it. Don't do any crazy diets that say you can lose a lot of weight in only a couple of months, it took me close to one year to lose the 30 ponds. All I did was exercise 5 days a week for about 1-2 hours per day, and I eat healthy meals and snacks, and stayed away from sweets, bad carbs and fried stuff. I ate about every 2-3 hours and was never hungry. Of course I had my craving so once in a while I had a little bit of chocolate or if I went to a birthday party I had a piece of cake.
    It is a constant battle for us that have PCOS but don't give up I'm sure with the right doctors and treatments you will get pregnant and don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

Closed Thread