It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• how can i get pregnant having pcos?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
    thughes
    (female)

thughes HB User
    how can i get pregnant having pcos?

how can i get pregnant having psos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
    misE08
    (female)

misE08 HB User
    Re: how can i get pregnant having psos

Has your doctor given you any recommendations? There is ovarian drilling and medication such as metformin. As I quoted in another post, I didnt do the ovarian drilling due to scar tissue causing me more trouble. I was prescribed metformin twice a day (it does take your body awhile, me 3mths, to get use to it and feel okay) and I was pregnant 5 months later and now have a healthy 13 month old son. Dont give up, try whatever is best for you and I wish you the best. It can happen.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
    summer550
    (female)

summer550 HB User
    Re: how can i get pregnant having psos

I was diagnosed with PCOS after trying for a year to get pregnant, and was sent for ovarian drilling. I did a lot of reading on PCOS, and started following a low GI diet, and when I was in prep for surgery I found out I was pregnant - I had also lost 35 lbs.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
    BassetHounds
    (female)

BassetHounds HB User
    Re: how can i get pregnant having pcos?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thughes View Post
    how can i get pregnant having psos
    I just found out I'm pregnant. We were TTC for over 2 years. I have PCOS. Here's what worked for me:
    1- I joined Weight Watchers in Sept. '08 and lost 30 pounds by Feb. '09.
    2- I switched from regular milk to Soy milk (get the original one it tastes great!) this helps to regulate insulin levels which is a problem for certain PCOS women even if, like me, they don't have diabetes.
    3-In Feb. '09 my OB/GYN inserted the tip of a long swab in my cervix to open it up. He calls this an "Egg Test". He said my cervix opening was really small & tight. This procedure really hurt but thankfully only lasted 30 seconds. I couldn't see the relation with my PCOS ovaries and this test but my DR. said to trust him and 2 months later I got pregnant!
    4-After the Egg Test I started taking 1 capsule of Red Clover Each day after 2 weeks I took 2/day.
    --Before you take anything consult your Dr. to make sure it's safe for you
    --My ob/gyn said that not all doctors believe in the "egg test" but he does and it works 80% of the time. It has to be done 21 days after your last period and you must have protected sex between these 21 days.

Good luck / I know what you're going through

Last edited by moderator2; 06-01-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Closed Thread