It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• painful cramps/sex PCOS, Metformin, BC

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
    collieluv
    (female)

collieluv HB User
    Question painful cramps/sex PCOS, Metformin, BC

I recently started taking Metformin 1000mg 2x daily for insulin resistance and PCOS. I have been having a really heavy(thick clots of tissue) period with painful cramps(which I am not used to) and things are slowing down (coming up on 2 weeks since it began). I am also rather tender in my lower abdomen the past few days and gave in to hubby for sex----which ended up being a bit painful(and wasn't before these issues). Any thoughts on what could be a cause or any ways to ease this discomfort? I am also taking birth control(will begin my 2nd month within next couple of days).

I am 35, never been pregnant & not currently trying. I also use to have hypothyroidism, but on my last blood work---they said it was at a normal level.

My only hypotheses is that maybe I am more tender from losing so much excess tissue----kinda like losing a scab. I know probably totally absurd, but I have nothing else to go on. The tenderness only began within the past 3 days.

Sorry to be so long winded.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
    collieluv
    (female)

collieluv HB User
    Arrow Re: painful cramps/sex PCOS, Metformin, BC

Ok, nevermind. Didn't get any help from this forum, but I am thanking God that my body has fully corrected itself from the excessive bleeding and other pains. I guess it just had to run it's course.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Closed Thread