It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Beyaz to treat PCOS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
    sedean
    (female)

sedean HB User
    Beyaz to treat PCOS

Hello,
    I recently turn 20 and on 11/10/2010 I was diagnosed with PCOS. My husband and I are not planning on having kids anytime soon so my doctor gave me a new birth control pill called Beyaz. I have tried to find information on this pill but all I find it that it is related to Yaz and Yasmin and all the law suites against them. I was wondering if anyone out there has heard of Beyaz or uses it or Yaz or Yasmin for PCOS and if you had any issues? I had a friend who took both Yaz and Yasmin(she dosen't have PCOS)and had to have her gallbladder taken out because of them. I just want to make sure this pill isn't going to make things worse before I start taking it.

Other than the new pill my doctor wants me to try to lose at least 10 pounds and eat healthier and exercise more. He said that because I am young I have a better chance at controlling it with just birth control, eating right, and exercise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
    Felicia S
    (female)

Felicia S HB User
    Re: Beyaz to treat PCOS

Hi there! I am 23yo and was also just diagnosed w PCOS and my gyno put me on Beyaz as well. She said that it would help my PCOS symptoms until I was ready to get pregnant and then it would be a safe birth control to transition into clomid when I am ready. I have done some research and it is the same thing as Yaz just with vitamin B and a folate supplement. Also it is supposed to help with acne. As with any birth control there is risk of complications. Hope this helps you, and remember if you have any questions about your medications you can always call your doctor and ask.

Closed Thread