It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• PCOS issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
    AnnoyedbyPCOS
    (female)

AnnoyedbyPCOS HB User
    Unhappy PCOS issues

I recently was diagnosed with PCOS after years of trying to figure out what the heck was going on with me. I have been struggling with weight gain, abnormal body hair, missed periods, followed by severe periods, and some other issues. My gynecologist said she found that I have several cysts on my left ovary and a large one on my right. Plus I have high levels of testosterone and DHEA, along with all that Im showing signs of becoming insulin dependent.

I have a few questions for anyone who is suffering from this disorder... Does any of you have severe mood swings from where you are crying for no apparent reason and wanna punch someone out to a few days later you feel like yourself again? Do you have really bad cramping sometimes with spotting when your not on your period? Plus Im feeling sick to my stomach a lot of the time and food just sounds disgusting and I have to force myself to eat, is this normal with the increase of hormones? Lastly, have any of you had lack of breast development or not fully developing?

Honestly I feel like Im going insane lately and have for a few years, I went to so many doctors over this and no one listen. Now Im 275 lbs, facing diabetes, and feeling worse then I have ever felt. I just need to know what I am going to be facing with this disorder and what has helped you... Thanks for your time.

Last edited by AnnoyedbyPCOS; 11-28-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Forgot a question

The following user gives a hug of support to AnnoyedbyPCOS:
    lanch (01-19-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
    kakmode87
    (female)

kakmode87 HB User
    Re: PCOS issues

Hello, I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007. I was suppose to be taking Metformn , but my insurance ran out and i was scared to take a medication when i wasnt covered.

I regret not taking it now. Ive read through tons of emails and boards about how much good it did do.

Ive gained so much weight and I fight with the acne and hair growth constantly. I have heavy menstrual cycles that go on for months and when i think ive stopped I just start again. I try & count but honestly its been so long I lose count.

Its now DEC 2011 and finally im getting my full medical benefits in JAN and im going to get a full check up and try to get things under control.

I always felt better after excersiing and stop eating all the junk food/fast food & soda...I did stop for a while and lost weight but once i started again i gained it all back.

If what your doing is not working then try something else. Just go for a walk a littl ebit each day will make you feel better.

I struggle with my lack of energy, just day to day things exhaust me and i get fustrated. I cant even work , i freak out in big stores i get short of breath and get panic attacks... its so hard .. I really hope you get help and get your life back on track!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
    kjh85
    (female)

kjh85 HB User

Hello! I was diagnosed with PCOS a little over a year ago after going to the doctor about not having a period for about 6 months and trying to have a baby. The weird thing to me was I did not have any cysts what so ever. But I have very strong symptoms of PCOS. The unwanted hair, weight, no period for months and then randomly would get a crazy heavy period, it would hurt to have sex etc. You are actually the only other person I have heard of having mood swings. I get really emotional over simple things. I will see a commercial on t.v. that has a baby crawling around promoting pampers and bust out in tears just cause i want a baby or my husband will ask me to change the channel and i freak out screaming and crying about it. Its really weird and I hate it. I too feel like i'm am going crazy sometimes. I don't have the spotting thing cause my doctor has put me on metformin and provera so my periods are regulated but the cramps i get, a lot and they are awful. I actually got into a car accident because of them one time :/ Sometimes it feels like you have demonic crazy baby with knives for nails trying to claw its way out of you and you can't even move. I won't even tell you to take midol or tylenol cause the crap didn't help me. When my cramps get so bad to were i could not move and had to bit on a pillow just to keep from going crazy on my hubby, he would run me a hot bath and carry me to the bathroom and put me in the tub clothes and all and leave me in there for a while until i could sit up on my own and then carry back to bed a put a heating pad on me, make me some hot tea and rub my head until i fell asleep. The key i found to making it through those cramps are distractions. I know it is hard to not think about the pain of the cramps but try and focus on something else. before my husband came along and before i knew i had PCOS when i would get my really bad cramps i would find a focal point on the floor, a wall, a picture, pretty much anything and count to ten and then find another right after and count to ten again. Just keep finding different thing to focus and count on until you are able to just breathe through them. Sorry I know that was long

Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
    darkstorm928
    (female)

darkstorm928 HB User

Hi,

I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed when i was 17. I'm 29 now. I had been through a depressing time and my weight had skyrocketed up to 335lbs. I skipped periods all the time. The doctor started me on Metformin but it made me nauseous. I actually used the non generic form called glucophage until this past year with no problems.After losing weight. I lost 140lb's in 2 years and have kept it off and starting on birth control My periods became completely regular and the medication dose was cut in half. My insurance doesn't cover glucophage so i couldn't afford it, but i started on the metformin extended release last year and it is working fine.

I dont' have the mood swings, but i do on occasion have cysts that rupture. The last one landed me in the hospital for severe pain.

Starting on birth control, will cut down the excess hair, and regulate your periods well. If you want to have a baby, then you need to see the doctor.

Coming from someone who has lived with this for years, i'm here for you. ANy questions i'm glad to try and help.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
    lanch
    (female)

lanch HB User
    Exclamation Re: PCOS issues

i feel like im going crazy too!

Last edited by moderator2; 01-19-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Closed Thread