It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• 26 with High testosterone levels

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
    SeaRachel
    (female)

SeaRachel HB User
    26 with High testosterone levels

Hi Everyone.

I am 26 and was on the dianette pill for years, and the injection before that. I have decided I dont want to be on any contraceptive anymore (NOT because im trying to get pregnant) and since I came of in June, 6 months ago, I haven't had a period, my skin is just terrible and seems to be getting worse each day, and hair growth has increased SO much, everywhere on my body and most embarrassingly on my face and neck... I think I may have to high levels of testosterone.

Any advice on what I can take, or do would be most grateful!! I would much prefer natural / herbal remedies, but mostly just want to have nice normal skin and nice normal amount of hair..

Many thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
    Celina41
    (female)

Celina41 HB User
    Re: 26 with High testosterone levels

I have the same problem. I've had it since I was in my 20s, and it's been progressively worse as I got older. It's hard to lose weight, and I gain weight when I don't eat! The best thing I've found is just exercising. When I lose weight, the cysts seem to appear less often. I was also put on Metformin for awhile, but it made me so moody and nauseated. It's a drug that they give to diabetic patients, so it drops your sugar level fast if you don't eat right with it. Also gives you nausea, dizziness and diarrhea. Yeah, fun pill. But now I am 41 and still having the same issues, so my doctor has recommended a total hysterectomy. So my only advice is to exercise, and try to maitain a healthy weight. Not necessarily skinny, just to where you feel healthier.

Closed Thread