It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

• Pcos? Doctor will not diagnose for cosmetic reasons.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
    Mmch
    (female)

Mmch HB User
    Pcos? Doctor will not diagnose for cosmetic reasons.

I will start by saying I have always had an irregular cycle, I am 25 and have birthed 3 happy healthy children and am done having babies as my husband got a visectomy in October 2013. I have not had a period since late December 2013. My gyn had my thyroid and prolactin levels tested, they were normal. Next step was an ultrasound. The ultrasound pointed directly at pcos, but she will not diagnose as I am not overweight or excessively hairy. I'm currently taking 10mg of provera for 10 days to force a period. Should I be getting a second opinion or asking her to entertain the idea of pcos and look into it more even though I'm not overweight? I am 127 lbs but before I had kids weighed in around 110, I know my body has changed bit through diet and exercise I cannot lose a single pound. All of my extra weight is being carried in my mid section. My breasts are MAYBE a AA cup...maybe...I am just confused and worried about what is going on with my body...I have ALS been struggling with depression the last year or so. My last baby was born August of 2013, I am only 14 lbs lighter than the day I gave birth despite my best efforts...what to do?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    fertility, pcos, second opinion, weight