It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Message Board

Need to see doctor but seeking advice from those with similar experience.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2015, 06:22 AM   #1
Somelady
(female)

Somelady HB User
Need to see doctor but seeking advice from those with similar experience.

I am a 19 year old female and i believe i have abnormally high levels of testosterone. I am 5"4, 120 pounds. I have a nutritious diet and get exercise. I dont take any medications except for ADHD stimulant medication, which i have not been taking for very long. besides that, i have not been diagnosed with any chronic diseases, but i rarely visit the doctor. I do not use birth control.

Here are my symptoms

I developed thick pubic hair and small amounts of acne around the age of 7. I did not have any other signs of puberty. I went through puberty at a regular rate after that. I began menstruation at 12.

At the onset of puberty i developed SEVERE acne and facial/scalp oiliness. This has decreased but i still have acne.

After my first period i did not have another period for over a year.. Then they were several months apart. They became regular for a short time and then seemed to come once every two or three months. Now they are happening only once every 5 months, and they are very short and light. I have never been pregnant despite high and risky sexual activity. Again i do not use birth control.

I have abnormal amounts of body hair for a woman. The hair on my legs is thick long and profuse. My pubic hair is very profuse. My armpit hair is like a mans. I have a happy trail, and a few thick black hairs around my nipples that pluck out easily. It all grows back very fast when i remove it. My nails also grow abnormally fast.

I have constant, recurring yeast infections despite good or bad hygiene/ diet practice. They resolve themselves and then randomly come back. I developed a very severe one on a long course of antibiotics i was taking to treat pelvic inflammatory disease about 6 months ago. I took a powerful prescription antifungal but these yeast infections seem to be more severe and more common just now that i am also developing a more irregular period.

I dont know if its related but i got severe Pelvic inflammatory disease out of the blue. I did not have any STDS and was not sexually active at the time so it seemed strange.

As far as symptoms i do not have, hair loss. The hair on my head is normal for a female and grows veryfast. I have no facial hair. I am not overweight and have difficulty gaining weight. I dont seem to gai or lose weight despite massive changes in diet and exercise. I have breasts and hips that are small but proportionate to my size. I often get mistaken for a teenage boy?

Thoughts? No one in my family has this problem. I amm seeking advice and others experience bu i will be seeing a doctor soon anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
hirsutism, yeast infection