It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• Obsessive thoughts..help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
    searching123456
    (female)

searching123456 HB User
    Obsessive thoughts..help!

Hi Everyone, I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD and OCD related to sexual trauma. I am struggling with intrusive thoughts that are seeming to take over my life. There are three main thoughts that come to me everyday, I never know when but I dread them all as I am often sent into tears, panack attacks, rage, depression and hopelessness...The first one is related to a comment my parnter made almost two years ago about how many beautiful women he saw in columbia everywhere....I am canadian and I am plauged daily by visions of him in awe of the women in columbia and how I compair to them, I hear his comment over and over again and it kills me. The second is due to the loss of my emotional suppord dog who I found after being raped, he after ingesting denta bones while at a doggy day care where he was not watched closley, I did not know he was going to die and was so sick as I was told he ate to many cookies and would be fine...my thought is that I was so stupid to not know and take him to the vet right away and that I killed my baby and it is my fault he is gone. This also kills me and hurts so much, I miss him so much. The third is about deep lines I have developed around my mouth due to a compulsion to bite at my cheek and from crying so much over the last two years, I obsess that I am not ugly and terrible looking and agonize that I can't seem to stop biting my cheek. My question is how to I learn to cope with intrusive thoughts and are there any specific tecniques to dealing with intrusive thoughts. I have heard of exposure therapy but the thought of watching naked women on t/v, ect really scares me! any thoughts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread