It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• Ptsd = psychosis?? Help

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-19-2016, 03:19 AM   #1
    bnd93
    (female)

bnd93 HB User
    Ptsd = psychosis?? Help

Ive had the diagnosis for about 6 yrs now. Ive kept my trauma mostly to myself. Not purposely...ive been in therapy many times and i am in it now. I just cant seem to come out with it! For some reason words wont form. Idk. But recently for the past several months i have been experiencing extreme anxiety..with no flashbacks. Which is uncommon for me. But ontop of that i have been really paranoid and my therapist is convinced ive developed an eating disorder because of my trauma. Ive been hearing voices and fearing that people are constantly watching me and talking about me and that i can trust no one. I feel ansolutely crazy. And my moods are insane. One second im on top of the world and five min later im practically bawling begging for an end. I dont get it. My trauma happened 10 yrs ago this year. It lasted over an extended period of time but i never thought it could do this kinda stuff. Not sure. I feel like im losing my mind and i feel like i cant talk to anyone because i cant trust anyone. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Ptsd = psychosis?? Help

Hello

You're not crazy or psychotic.

You are trying so hard to keep it together, to keep yourself safe. In doing so you are not allowing yourself to heal. Part of healing is being able to talk about what happened to you. Your Therapist is there to help you work through the healing process. This process is not easy and definitely not fun but well worth it in the end.

If you are struggling with verbalizing your trauma you might consider writing (journaling) about the trauma. When you see your Therapist hand him/her the journal to read. It might be best to do this in small increments so it doesn't get too overwhelming. Journaling has the possibility of triggering flashbacks

You don't need to have flashbacks to have anxiety. It is not uncommon for anxiety to be secondary to PTSD. Meaning your anxiety is a result of PTSD.

If you don't see a Psychiatrist for medications you might consider it. Medication might be helpful for you.

Take care.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-22-2016 at 03:48 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopy61 For This Useful Post:
    NatashaLou (02-20-2016)
    Old 02-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
    NatashaLou
    (female)

NatashaLou HB User

So, sounds like you have PTSD to me. LOL.

There's nothing wrong with you. I suspect holding it in is starting to make you sick, however, which could explain the mood swings and extra hyper-vigilance.

If you want advice, I can only tell you that I had a therapist I could not talk to about my trauma, I started to have more severe problems - very similar to what you're experiencing - so I got a new therapist. I'm better now, but it's a struggle EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Went to the mall yesterday and there was a man in a hurry... Just normal man, no angry look or anything weird like that, he was just rushing out the door... Well, my stupid arsehat PTSD self convinced my normal self that there was a bomb in the building, placed by this rushing man and I needed to get away at least as fast as he did. I even said to myself that "Americans wouldn't blow themselves up, they are so self centered, they would lay bombs and run instead."

There was no bomb. There never was a bomb. My trauma has ZERO to do with explosives. If you aren't normal, I'm in big trouble.

You need to get that stuff out, it can't hurt you once you put it into words the same way it's hurting you now. It will suck, but go slow and share with someone you think will forget what you said if you can't find someone to trust.

I'd tell you good luck, but you don't need that, you need to believe you are worth saving. No one can do that for you.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:13 AM   #4
    Ih82bl8
    (female)

Ih82bl8 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bnd93 View Post
    Ive had the diagnosis for about 6 yrs now. Ive kept my trauma mostly to myself. Not purposely...ive been in therapy many times and i am in it now. I just cant seem to come out with it! For some reason words wont form. Idk. But recently for the past several months i have been experiencing extreme anxiety..with no flashbacks. Which is uncommon for me. But ontop of that i have been really paranoid and my therapist is convinced ive developed an eating disorder because of my trauma. Ive been hearing voices and fearing that people are constantly watching me and talking about me and that i can trust no one. I feel ansolutely crazy. And my moods are insane. One second im on top of the world and five min later im practically bawling begging for an end. I dont get it. My trauma happened 10 yrs ago this year. It lasted over an extended period of time but i never thought it could do this kinda stuff. Not sure. I feel like im losing my mind and i feel like i cant talk to anyone because i cant trust anyone. Any advice?
    I was diagnosed with PTSD this past summer. The most successful treatment is with a combination of counseling and medication. I'm on Zoloft, pretty low dose but can take more if needed, after talking to my family physician. My therapist used EMDR which really helped. Look it up online..it's helped 99% of war vets coming back from the Middle East. My son is a doctor and we had many discussions about the meds and therapy as well as the EMDR process. Have you had a good physical in a while? That would be a great place to start.

Reply Reply