It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• Need someone to talk to.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
    Ak1234
    (female)

Ak1234 HB User
    Need someone to talk to.

I was on vacation with my fiancÚ and parents this week. My fiancÚ and I decided to go get some drinks at a nearby bar and we're having a really good time. While we were leaving there were two guys up on a hotel balcony asking is how our day was and so on.
    Now my fiancÚ and I were pretty intoxicated at this point and made the poor decision to go up and keep talking to them.

I don remember a lot of what happened because unfortunately I was drunk. But the parts I remember have been haunting me for days.

I remember my fiancÚ telling them I have great breasts and they should see them sometime.
    I remember my fiancÚ leaving with one of the guys to get more alcohol.
    And I remember the other one putting his hands all over me. I don't remember if I said no, but I consider myself to be very loyal to my fiancÚ and it's not in my nature to ever let a stranger touch me.
    I don't know how long my fiancÚ was gone. And I don't know how long this went on. I can't remember much anything else.
    My dad ended up finding my fiancÚ and I walking down the road with me in tears. When I told my dad what I remembered he called the police.
    Unfortunately the police weren't very good at hiding their judgement from me. They told me that it would be hard to prove anything because I had been drinking and it depends on the story my "attacker" told them.
    I decided to forget the police report. It became pretty obvious I was just another drunk tourist to them.

It's been a few days and I still don't feel like myself. I don't feel safe with my fiancÚ anymore. I don't know how to put when I feel into words. I guess the best I can do is I want to rip off all my skin and sit in a shower for days.
    It's hard to talk to people I know about it because I feel like they will judge me the same.

I don't know if I posted this story in the correct board. But I really need some advice on how to get my life back to normal.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
    rosebud55
    (female)

rosebud55 HB Userrosebud55 HB Userrosebud55 HB Userrosebud55 HB Userrosebud55 HB User
    Re: Need someone to talk to.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ak1234 View Post
    I was on vacation with my fiancÚ and parents this week. My fiancÚ and I decided to go get some drinks at a nearby bar and we're having a really good time. While we were leaving there were two guys up on a hotel balcony asking is how our day was and so on.
    Now my fiancÚ and I were pretty intoxicated at this point and made the poor decision to go up and keep talking to them.

I don remember a lot of what happened because unfortunately I was drunk. But the parts I remember have been haunting me for days.

I remember my fiancÚ telling them I have great breasts and they should see them sometime.
    I remember my fiancÚ leaving with one of the guys to get more alcohol.
    And I remember the other one putting his hands all over me. I don't remember if I said no, but I consider myself to be very loyal to my fiancÚ and it's not in my nature to ever let a stranger touch me.
    I don't know how long my fiancÚ was gone. And I don't know how long this went on. I can't remember much anything else.
    My dad ended up finding my fiancÚ and I walking down the road with me in tears. When I told my dad what I remembered he called the police.
    Unfortunately the police weren't very good at hiding their judgement from me. They told me that it would be hard to prove anything because I had been drinking and it depends on the story my "attacker" told them.
    I decided to forget the police report. It became pretty obvious I was just another drunk tourist to them.

It's been a few days and I still don't feel like myself. I don't feel safe with my fiancÚ anymore. I don't know how to put when I feel into words. I guess the best I can do is I want to rip off all my skin and sit in a shower for days.
    It's hard to talk to people I know about it because I feel like they will judge me the same.

I don't know if I posted this story in the correct board. But I really need some advice on how to get my life back to normal.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm very sorry that this happened to you. Drunk or not, those men had no business to take advantage of you.
    And your boyfriend was also drinking and left to get more to drink and probably thought you were safe, or he simply didn't think.
    However, now your safety has been violated. Now you question who you can trust. Your security around others has been disrupted.
    Are you having nightmares? Afraid to leave your home? I hear that you are worried people will blame you, please do not be hard on yourself. I do not know how old you are, but I know for myself I made some poor choices when I was younger and I have greatly learned from them.
    Have to talked this over with your boyfriend? Try and speak with people who will listen and give you love and feelings of security.
    Don't beat up on yourself. Remember you are alive and things could have been much, much worse. Your survived.
    I pray that you will be at peace with yourself, learn from this, and be thankful you are now out of that situation.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #3
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Need someone to talk to.

Oh honey, I am so sorry. You were drunk, and sound like you were taken advantage of.
    I hate that happened to you. What bothers me more is your fiancÚ. Drunk or not, to tell strangers that they should see the breasts of the woman you want to be your wife... that's despicable.
    Maybe this is the big wake up call you've needed to decide if this man is the one for you. You cannot undo the past, you must move on. But you need to think long and hard about who you want to move on, with. I wish you well, sweetheart.

Reply Reply