It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• Dissociation for years - memory getting worse

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User
    Dissociation for years - memory getting worse

Iíve had dissociation problems since 2011. I forget easy, am zoned out all of the time, and in a complete depersonalization fog. Recently, Iíve been making pushes to fight against it. Going to doctors appointments (contact with direct phobia- I am afraid of doctors) and therapy for trauma therapy. Over the last few days, my memory has been getting worse and worse. I also have changed my sleep schedule and am trying to eat more and go out more which is not a norm for me. I just changed the schedule a few days ago. Could my memory be getting worse for facing my phobias and fighting the PTSD? Could it be the sleep schedule? Allergy related? Why is my memory feeling as if itís being wiped off worse than normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Dissociation for years - memory getting worse

Hi
    Dissociation/depersonalization, memory problems and feeling zoned out is common with anxiety. Do you take any medications? Ant-anxiety medications or medications used for depression might be helpful.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User

Hey there. I’m not currently on any medication. Only because I have a major phobia of it. I have a bad fear of doctors, hospitals, being sick, and medications. This is where the anxiety all came from with PTSD.. I’m trying to talk with a therapist to work my way into taking medication.. have you ever been on any that has helped with this type of symptom?

The following user gives a hug of support to jena88:
    yayagirl (05-17-2018)
    Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

I have never liked or have wanted to be medicated and feel even more out of control. I did try Elavil but rejected the drug avenue because it felt even more out of control. Some do well with it, I just do not.

A good psychologist can help you face your fears with or without medication.
    Are you currently physically sick so you have to go to doctors? I see no reason to subject yourself to medication if you don't want it.

There are women's support groups that don't involve medication or doctors that may be more helpful to you. I found it very comforting just to sit and listen to their stories.

Reply Reply