It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• Is Amnesia A Possible Treatment?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
    DDRLionGuy
    (male)

DDRLionGuy HB User
    Is Amnesia A Possible Treatment?

OK so this is a bit intense, but bear with me. Now first off, I'm an adult I'm 29. Everything that has happened to me to led to this point has been without my consent. The first event without my consent that led to the state of today was my Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis. I was young, I was only 6 when diagnosed. My parents panicked and took me straight to a psychologist that someone (who turned out not to be credible) had told them about. Now in Texas, Psychologist cannot do anything to do with medications, that plays an important part a little later in. This doctor was involved in a few kickback schemes with other doctors. She referred me to a pediatric psychiatrist, who turned around and wrote her a check for the referral. He put me on pills lots of them, and negative side effects were ever present. This is when drugs like Adderal, Remeron and Ritalin were the hit thing (should have been illegal) . He had me on eight different pills I took daily at one point and I was not even ten years old. Long story short my parents accidentally overdosed me on Risperdal (6 MG of it) as an adult without my knowledge (I was 18 when they did it, they had me on pills that long yes) and I began to have seizures. My eyes roll up and lock into place and stay put for hours and hours. I had a scary hospital visit during one seizure a little over 2 years ago that I now suffer from not only the seizures but severe PTSD from the hospital. Can Amnesia be induced medically to ease my pain? I need to forget desperately. What sucks about my case is that I am now allergic to ALL Psych drugs, my body has had enough from all the medical mistreatment and is saying no more. Psych drugs cause the seizures so there is no drug I can safely take for this problem, and I am TERRIFIED of our local hospital ruling that out too. Really forgetting is my only option. I mean I'm still emotionally strong I've just got a really bad situation right now. I'm off all those drugs now (by a doctors orders) and my seizures are becoming less and less, but the PTSD needs to go away as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    medications, ptsd, question, treatments