It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• cant sleep after car accident

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
    buck1987
    (male)

buck1987 HB User
    cant sleep after car accident

Hi, i was in a car accident on october 23rd 2011, which now is coming up on 3 years since my accident, im alive and i know im greatful for that, but i have issues falling asleep at night because all i think about is what happened, i gell asleep at the wheel after working very long ours trying to finish construction on a ight club i was building, anyway, i fell asleep at the wheel and eventualy woke up after hitting rumble strips, it startled me and i jerked the wheel which sent me into the aposing lane very fast as i must have had the pedal floored because i was doing about 95mph at this point, i jerked the wheel back the opposite way and it just sent my car skidding sideways then crashing into a bunch of mountain rock which sent my car rolling and eventualy edjecting,me from the car and then it landing on top of me pinning me down from the waist down, now i dont remember anything after the first innitial hit but i woke up under my car and paniced and blacked out again then woke up as they were putting me on the stretcher to go in the ambulance then blacked out again untill getting out of t g e helicopter at the hospital from lifeflight, i then blacked out again untill i woke up the next day i guess in the hospital with 45 staoles down my stomach and missing my spleen. I ended up having a punctured lung, ripped spleen, 5 broken ribs, 6 broken vertibrae, and some cuts and scrapes, like i said, im alive and very grateful for that... but since the accident, my fiance has said that i changed, im not the same person, im mean, i dont care about anything anymore, and i lost most of my affection.. this kills me inside and i dont want to be this way but she is right, since the accident i have grown angry at the world and all the friends i thought i had, well they dissapeared after i was released from the hospital after a 2 week stay.. i have a hard time falling asleep now because when its quiet and i close my eyes all i think about is this accident, what happened and why i cant remember, how far was i thrown, and why did i literaly walk away from the car after all this happened..i cant seem to break this and i really need to because im having my first kid in a little over a month and i want to be so excited and i should be more excited then i am, and it is ultimately ruining my relationship with my fiance who stood by my side through everything that has happened to me and only tried to,support me through everything... i need some advice, or help, or anything really, i dont like to tak to my family or fiance or anyone because i feel like everyone is just tired of hearing about me talking about the same thing over and over... any advise is greatly appreciated, or any idea what may be wrong with me? Ive been reading alot about ptsd and feel i can kinda relate to some of it butnot all of it?? Thanks so much in advance for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread