It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

• Recent PTSD Diagnosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
    Therria
    (female)

Therria HB User
    Recent PTSD Diagnosis

After years of trying to deal with this on my own I finally got help with a diagnosis of PTSD. I was prescribed Hydroxyzine for anxiety and Prazosin for nightmares. I have not taken either yet as I am wary of taking anything...even when the doctor says it will help. Has anyone tried either of these medications?

My trauma stems from very violent situations a few years ago that are so difficult to talk about I can barely breathe when I even try and get the words out of my mouth. It has left lasting scars both physical and mental that seem a daily reminder or like having a giant necklace of rocks hung around my neck constantly pulling me down.

It seems like some people have similar experiences to me and for now I would be grateful just to be in the company of a few people who might understand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
    jills222
    Inactive
    (female)

jills222 HB User
    Re: Recent PTSD Diagnosis

I have chronic PTSD from a kidnapping by a serial rapist and killer Hydroxyzine is actually an antihistamine.
    I tried Prazosin for nightmares and it definitely was not for me. I have been in therapy for sometime now and tactile EMDR has helped somewhat. Also a benzodiazepine prescribed has it's benefits. I've personally been looking into and researching therapy and trials for working on PTSD with the use of MDMA. I Always available to chat as from that traumatic event I also sustained a TMI resulting in epilepsy. Thus now unfortunately I am on disability. Don't give up. Keep asking for input as I fully believe that the more questions you have answered the more educated you become and that can alleviate some of the craziness it makes you feel. Yes there are people out here that can relate so feel few to contact me. Most of all remember you're not alone and nothing can really shock me when it comes to hearing another's horrific trauma as it seems hard to open up with another for fear they might think your "crazy" or "unstable". There is not a time period for healing. It happens when it happens. Take care, Jill

Closed Thread