It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board

• Zoloft for Postpartum anxiety

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
    Devalexan
    (female)

Devalexan HB User
    Zoloft for Postpartum anxiety

Hello,

I am starting my first Zoloft dose tonight, just before I go to bed. I was prescribed Zoloft for Postpartum anxiety and intrusive thoughts that are causing a lot of panic attacks. I have a 19 month old and a 7 month old.
    I can't seem to fight these panic attacks anymore. I try not to drive long distances, because I'm afraid of having a panic attack behind the wheel, and I try my hardest to push through the nights where it's just me and the kids and my husband is gone.
    I hate being alone. I can do it, but I panic until my husband gets home.
    Anyway, I am visiting a psychologist this coming Monday, and I'm waiting for a referral to a psychiatrist. The referral has been sent, I'm just waiting to hear from them.
    I was evaluated by an ER psychiatrist, and I also saw one 3 ish months back (I didn't like him, and I won't go back)
    I panic when I get these intrusive, scary thoughts, and in turn, they cause a panic attack. I'm hoping with the help of my own support system, professional counselling, andZoloft, that I can get my life back and be the Mom I know I am.

I'm just looking for some positive stories about starting Zoloft, and any other advice or tips is greatly appreciated too!

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply