It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• I have a question about period delay!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
    janert5
    (female)

janert5 HB User
    Exclamation I have a question about period delay!

Hello! Okay so this is a brief summary of what I mean. Later on is a long description of the situation just for useful references. So, I've been sick, with some low fever, coughing, and ear infection since a week ago. I've been on medication and antibiotics since then. My period was due on March 9th. I took a pregnancy test on March 8th and it was negative. I just wanted to ask if being sick makes the period delayed.

I actually use an app to calculate my period and it is very accurate of when my period is coming. Sometimes it fails for a day before or after, but it have never been 2-3 days of difference.

My last period was on February 7th and it lasted six days. According to the application, my ovulating (fertile) days started on February 18th to 24th. For not paying attention to the calendar, I had protected sex on February 19th. Which was 4 days before the ovulating day (the 23th). Even if it was protected, when he finished he did it outside of me and then he took his time to take off the condom and wash a little bit. I would say he had precaution taking off the condom so that semen doesn't touch his hand, but then he washed his penis with water and his hand until it was completely clean. Then he pulled his pants up and he went to finger me with the hand he used to clean himself.

He assures me that when he fingered me he was clean, even though he didn't used soap but that his hands were already dry. And that sperm doesn't last long outside the body and on dry places. And that sperm also starts dying on the vagina because of some acid fluids. So that if by chance he had very little on his hand, it was like nothing. So he told me not to stress because stress can delay my period, so that's what I did.

According to the app, my period was due on March 9th, 3 days ago and it hadn't come. I already had some PMS symptoms, like acne breakout, and I am constantly feeling small cramps on my lower stomach. I am also noticing some white-ish(transparent) fluids coming out. (what i can say, as usual). Also I got a little bit sick starting this week, on March 6th. I started with coughing and then it went to nasal congestion with some fever. I also had(and actually have) ear infection. And for that I took( and am taking) medications and antibiotics.

Also on March 8th, I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. And I am actually planning on taking another one, but I am still giving it some days to wait what will happen.

So again, I wanted to ask if being sick and taking medication and antibiotics could be the reason why my period is delayed. I haven't been stressed out the whole month, just for the last two days. Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    delay, menstruation, period, pregnancy, teen