It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• I think My girlfriend is pregnant

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
    at8000
    (male)

at8000 HB User
    I think My girlfriend is pregnant

Hello I am in some need of some guiding. My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over two years. She is 20 and I am 19 now. She had gotten pregnant about 7 months ago. She ended up getting an abortion and we never really spoke about it. We continued together despite of what had happened. I never told her to have an abortion. I was willing to work my *** off for this life. So now she is telling me that she is late on her period. We went and got a pregnancy test. It tested negative. Two days later still no period. She took another pregnancy test again and still came out to be negative. She has been late for about 2 weeks now and she says she is feeling the same way as she did when she was first pregnant. I tell her to go to the doctor but she refuses. I really think she is pregnant. We both go to school and we both work, we both want good lives. What should I do? Should I quit school and just work? Should she get another abortion? What should I tell her if she is in fact pregnant? What could I say to make her feel better?
    Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
    PrittyGreenEyez
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
    Re: I think My girlfriend is pregnant

Why aren't you 2 using protection if you've been through this dilema before? No one here can really tell you what to do because when it comes down to it this is ultimately between you and your girlfriend. Something isn't right if she doesn't want to go to the Dr. Are you 2 having some relationship problems perhaps? Since her tests have come up negative and she's refusing to go to a Dr....it's been performed before where some girls or women fake a pregnancy to have their loved ones stay with them. I'm not saying she's doing that to you, but I know if my period was 2 weeks late i'd wanna know why and wanna make sure everything female wise was okay. I hope it all turns out well for you. As far as quitting school goes...please wait and weigh out all your options. Alot of parents are able to go to school, work and raise a family as well. It is certainly hard, but life isn't easy in itself. Sit down and have a good long talk with her...she needs to get herself to a Dr. whether she likes it or not. If she is in fact pregnant the best pre-natal care is crucial. If she ends up not being pregnant, buy condoms...have her get on birth control, so you don't put yourself through this again. Good luck!

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 03-21-2005 at 09:50 AM.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
    at8000
    (male)

at8000 HB User

We do use condoms all the time. We would not have sex if we didnít have a condom. We have talked about her going on birth control and she figured I could get them for her. I told her that she needs to go to receive the appropriate dosage, she refuses. She comes from very ďold fashionĒ parents. And I just really donít know what to say. She counts on me to be a man and take over on such a thing. I am willing to take care of my responsibility and be a man. But I really donít know how what to say.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
    PrittyGreenEyez
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

I'm sorry, but i really don't think you can get birth control for your girlfriend. Is there any other symptoms she is feeling that could cause her to think she is in fact pregnant...other than a missed period. I'm glad to hear that you 2 use condoms, because it wasn't mentioned in the first thread, but as alot of us know even when using condoms there's always a chance you could become pregnant. She needs to get to a Dr. and have herself given an exam. She's already 20 years old and sexually active...IT'S TIME. I'm glad to hear that you are willing to take care of your responsibility and be a man, but your girl needs to take charge, be a woman and get checked out to make sure everything is okay.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:08 AM   #5
    tigger_girl76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

If your girlfriend is afraid of going to her own family doctor she could go to a clinic or Planned Parenthood. Everything is confidential. You won't be able to get her birth control pills. She has to sit down with a doctor and discuss the different pill options as well as get an exam. You can't do that for her. Redsox is right, at 20 years old she needs to take this responsibility on and get herself sorted out. If she is pregnant pre-natal care is very crucial. Let her know that you'll be there at her side and you'll get through this together.

Take care and the best of luck to you both.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
    SoManyQuestions
    (female)

SoManyQuestions HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by at8000
    We do use condoms all the time. We would not have sex if we didnít have a condom.
    I think she's lying to you dude. If you have never had unprotected sex she's either lying to you or it's not your child.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #7
    NYCityGirl

NYCityGirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoManyQuestions
    I think she's lying to you dude. If you have never had unprotected sex she's either lying to you or it's not your child.
    That is not true. Condoms are not 100% effective. There is a failure rate.

The only 100% guarantee birth control method is abstinence. Anything else will have a risk.

Last edited by NYCityGirl; 03-22-2005 at 04:24 PM.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
    at8000
    (male)

at8000 HB User

She would not lie to me about something like this. I know she has never cheated on me. Flirted yes but not cheated.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #9
    PrittyGreenEyez
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

The Dr.'s aren't gonna bite her or judge her. If anything they'll praise her for coming in and getting checked. Hypothetically what IF something does happen to be wrong? Something that can be caught in time and treated. With her putting it off it's bound to become more serious to where it won't be able to be treated as successfully and she'll have to suffer with it for the rest of her life. I'm 21 and i've been going & getting exams since I was 18. I can't tell you what a relief it is to come home and know everytime that I'm okay. If you 2 are worried especially her, wouldn't she want to know that everything is okay? Keep trying to convince her.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #10
    divastar02
    (female)

divastar02 HB User

If your girlfriend is pregnant you should understand that you can still have full and great lives!! I think its pathetic when you see these movies about "tragic" teen pregnancies and how it "ruins" your life!! I was 16 when I had my first child. I finished highshool with honors and a 4.0, went to cosmetology school, got married to the father (am still married 4 years later) and now have another child with him. My life couldnt be more full and better. Having a baby young is THE BEST thing that ever happened to me because it turned my life around!! Before baby, I was wrapped up in drugs and ditching school and just was an awful mess. I thank god for my life and my childrent everyday. I think if your gf is pregnant than nothing short of a "congradulations" is in order!!! Good luck!!

Michelle

Old 03-24-2005, 11:58 AM   #11
    Hangin in There
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hangin in There HB User

Michelle,

Congratulations are in order to you, but not to most teenage moms. You did very well, but that is the exception, not the rule. The percentage of teenage moms who finish school with a 4.0 average, continue their education, and are happily married to the same man five years later is verrry low. Most cases don't turn out as well as yours.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #12
    tigger_girl76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Redsox and Divastar both make excellent points. Maybe you could get your girlfriend to read these threads to give her some courage and support to help her make some decisions.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #13
    at8000
    (male)

at8000 HB User

She would kill me if she knew that I was seeking advice in this manner. She finally got her period. She was really happy. I had a lot of things running through my mind. I really donít know how to feel about her anymore. Thank you everybody who helped me by posting replies to me. Thank you all.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
    PrittyGreenEyez
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

That's great that she got her period, meaning she's probably not pregnant. But if it again happens, if she goes a long time without having it, she should most def. get checked to make sure she's okay. It could be something long term. I applaud you for coming on here and being "mature" enough to find out all that you can. I think your a sweetheart for doing what you did.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #15
    divastar02
    (female)

divastar02 HB User

Well thats good that she started her period, Im sure thats a relief off your shoulders. I think its great that you are man enough to care and worrie about your girlfriend. At the same time though, you seemed so worried, that maybe you should look at this as a second chance. You should both reevaluate your relationship. If you are not ready to be parents, then there is no need to be having sex because pregnancy could be a possible outcome. If you two really love each other, then maybe for now on you should hold off on sex. There are many many other ways to show your love for each other.

Michelle

Closed Thread