It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• girlfriend may be pregnant!!! test prove negative...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
    thatboy20
    (male)

thatboy20 HB User
    girlfriend may be pregnant!!! test prove negative...

hey all! my girl might be pregnant even thought she took a test 2X an they both came out negative, and one she took recently! so i asked her can she make an appointment to go she her doctor ASAP. maybe she can have a blood test which may or may not be accurate still, i jus dont wanna find out down tha road when her belly gets big, i jus want to prepare myself, becuz she is not with me now (she in new hampshire,i'm in FL) an if she is i have to be there through tha whole thing. but if she is pregnant, she would be atleast 1 month, an 4 days, which is plenty of time to have symptoms (she's been feeling sick of course, peeing alot, every smell makes her even more sick!, and pains and tightness in her stomach) her period even came but she said she was "spotting". this morning, she seen a school nurse today an tha nurse even said judging by her symptoms, also having dealt with girls like her, she can still be pregnant. her mom is going to take her to tha doctors next friday so now we wait some more...i jus want to know anyones input on this please. does this happen often? are pregnacy test 100% accurate? will tha blood test make a difference at all? thanx for anyones insight an opinions , take care ppl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
    soon2bmommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

soon2bmommy HB User
    Re: girlfriend may be pregnant!!! test prove negative...

hello.. Just to let you know, her body may not be producing enough of the pregnancy hormone. That is what happened to me. I got 4 false negatives when I was in fact pregnant. I started to get my period like I usual, but it was just how you described hers. A little bit of spotting. At this point, I'm pretty sure that the blood test will be accurate, but if not, hopefully the dr will let you know that. Good luck and keep us posted!!
    Amy

Old 10-19-2005, 02:25 PM   #3
    thatboy20
    (male)

thatboy20 HB User

thanx alot fo ur incite soon2bmommy. an yes she has an appointment next week, hopefully her blood test will be accurate. me an her arent even sayin "if u are pregenant" anymore, cuz she goes through somethin everyday...an i kno about an i try to comfort her even though we are several states away that why i feel helpless cuz um not with her, but i always asure her that i am goin to be here for her through this whole process. and if tha blood test is still negative then its most be somethin else for sure. every little thing she tells me that happened to her today is kinda cute to me even tho she feels bad i cant explain it hehe. like she told me that she went to tha bathroom 100X today , an i giggle an said "baby ur havin our baby!!!" women jus amaze me...but...its a long time til next fridays' appointment so we shall wait until then. i will keep posted. take care all and give feed back please.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
    WhiteLight
    Inactive
    (female)

WhiteLight HB User

Spotting or a lighter than normal period can be a sign of pregnancy or a hormonal imbalance. Its good the pregnancy tests came out negative. Generally that means she isn't pregnant. If she's 1months and 2 weeks along, she should be showing faint or clear positives by now. But not all women do. I didn't.

I would get her a blood test. The blood test can be done as soon as 5-7 days after conception has taken place. So she can definitely have the blood test now and you'll both know in a few days if she's pregnant or not.

Home pregnancy tests are only accurate when you get a positive. False positives are a LOT less rarer than false negatives. So, generally, pregnancy tests aren't that reliable. If she wants to test again, buy her firse response or clear blue. These are usually good.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
    Daphnee

Daphnee HB User

You can get a false negative with an HPT. You need to have her use her first MORNING urine to get a nice bold lines. I always used the cheaper brand HPT but the lines were much fainter.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #6
    thatboy20
    (male)

thatboy20 HB User

i think she took a FIRST RESPONSE test. i dont know go easy on me i'm a guy hehe, but regardless, they came out negative. she has tha normal symptoms to me, so i guess we have to wait til tha blood test then. if it is let me tell u right now...she's goin back on birth control! and i will use protection (she was on tha birth control patch but stopped a week before we had sex.) its a very big learning experience for tha both of us. if she isn't. she is suggesting switching to the pill, because the patch was uncomfortable she says, but all an all we hope we can get some accurate results soon

Old 10-21-2005, 04:34 AM   #7
    Lisa-marie
    (female)

Lisa-marie HB User

Hi,
    Just thought I run by and let you know that I did a HPT today and it came back positive if I were you I would do a pregnancy test a in a few days and see what it says because all my previous HPT and BLOODS came back neg and now they are pos.
    Take care and keep me posted!!!

Old 11-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
    thatboy20
    (male)

thatboy20 HB User

hey all! its been lil over a week an a half i been on here cuz of tha hurricane wilma, i was one of tha lucky ones who got power back quick (last friday).
    but yes my gurl went to tha doctors on friday to see tha doctors but they didnt do anything, jus talked. so she went back on mondays an took tha blood test, an they told us to check back on wednesday...an today she went back....and tha results were....SHE's NOT PREGNANT!!! but me an her was kinda mixed about it. i kno that sounds crazy but u jus get that feeling, but now we are cool an have less stress to think about *whew!* so what she is goin to do now is make another attempt at birth control. she talked it over with her mom an doctor an they told her about those shots that they give u every 3 months. my gurl said they are better than the pills an the patches becuz they are 99.9% protective against pregnacy, in which she said that the pills and others are only 99.8%. but nontheless me an her both have learned our lessons fo sure, i will buy more condoms an use them jus to be safe also. ***TAKE IT FROM ME ALL OF U! PROTECT YOURSELVES AN BE SMART AND BE SAFE, IT WILL SAVE U AN UR PARTNER FROM STRESS AN WORRINESS IN THA FUTURE*** take care everyone, let me kno whats up?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
    sarah_bear001
    (female)

sarah_bear001 HB User

ummm.......I know you are talking about the depo shot for birth control, and it is effective and a popular choice, but I wanted to let you know that up here in canada, it was actually pulled from being sold for a while, and some places don't offer it any more, apparently they found that it can increase your chances of early bone loss or osteoporosis. This is something no other form of birth control does, so I would actually steer clear of it. I'm not sure what progress they're making in research, but maybe look into it really well before choosing it for birth control. Actually, the patch is supposed to be a pretty good choice.
    Good luck.
    By the way, if you are using condoms as well, then I wouldn't worry about the 0.01% difference between the shot and others. 99.8% is still pretty damn good and doesn't have the scary osteoporosis label attached

Last edited by sarah_bear001; 11-04-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
    DannyLea
    (female)

DannyLea HB User

I agree with sarah bear. I was on the shot for about six months, in the begining I got pregnant, since I did not wait long enough to have sex, then I miscarried. After I recovered from that. The shot started to have its effect on me. I was sick all the time and very tired I even almost passed out twice, something I never had a problem with before the shot. I then became very depressed. I was also very moody and emotional, I was never like this before the shot, and these are all side effects of the shot. Also it ,makes your body think you are pregnant, so you have all the symptoms of being pregnant, I know I was buying tests every month thinkging I was pregnant again. I also do know some other girls that have gotten pregnant while being on the shot. At the same time my now ex's sister has been on it for a year with no problems. So it just depends on the person. I would have your girlfriend really talk to her doctor before going on this, since you can not get rid of the hormones for at least three months, I have been off it for 4 months now and am just going back to normal, just wanted to warn you. Good Luck, it sounds like you and your girlfriend have a good, and trusting relationship!

Last edited by DannyLea; 11-05-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:49 AM   #11
    Lisa-marie
    (female)

Lisa-marie HB User

Hi,
    I had the depo shot, and I put on about 3 stone, my moods were awful and I had the mothers of all headaches, they were that bad at one point they though tI had a brain tumor. So tell your G/F to be careful with th edepo shot.
    Take care and let us all know how your both doing
    Lisa

Closed Thread