It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• pregnant after first time? implantation bleeding?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
    VEXED1
    (female)

VEXED1 HB User
    pregnant after first time? implantation bleeding?

Okay so first off, I just had intercourse for the first time on the 25 of this month. And I bled of course. On the 26th, there was very very minimal bleeding. On the 27th, I woke up to some more spotting. Enough bleeding so that I thought I had been at the very light starting point of my period, and it was really red. So I put a pad on and about 2 hours later I checked my pad and saw that I had only bled about a tbl spoon or less. I figured it was still my period, so I put a tampon in while I went for a swim. 5 hours later, I took the tampon out, and there was no blood on it what so ever, not even a hint. Yet when I wiped the outer part of my vagina opening a min later, there was a faint tinge of red coloring. I figured that it might just be bleeding from the broken hymen. And that wiping just might have irritated me enough to bleed again.

My period is not due till about the 7th or 8th of next month. So I'm about a week and a half early. I am getting cramps though, like i would during ovulation or during my period. During intercourse we were very careful. I checked the condom regularly (hehe) during the act to make sure it was still on all the way up his penis, and after when he pulled out, I made sure again that the condom wasn't broken and that the semen was still inside.

I've been reading up on implantation bleeding, so I was wondering if that might be it. Is it possible for the I.B to occur only 2 DAYS after intercourse?
    Or is the bleeding after 2 days normal, after first time sex? What are the chances that I am pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
    minnesotagirl
    Inactive
    (female)

minnesotagirl HB User
    Re: pregnant after first time? implantation bleeding?

I don't think you're pregnant. From the sounds of it and the way you were checking the condom, all the sperm was kept inside the condom. Plus, bleeding when you're pregnant isn't that common, but bleeding after your first time having sex is. You bled after the sex, the next day probably due to a broken hymen. Then, the tampon may have irritated it, taking you a longer time to heal. If you keep bleeding, I wouldn't use a tampon, only a light pad. If the bleeding doesn't stop or gets heavier, I'd see a doctor. When I was a teenager, I had a girlfriend who bled really heavily after her first time having sex and it turned out she had a broken blood vessel or something like that -- can't really remember -- but she had to go see a doc about it. It wasn't anything serious.

Have you ever had a pap smear? When a woman starts being sexually active, she should have annual pap smears---that's why you see a doc and they check everything out "down below" --- they'll take a sample from inside of you and check for cancer and stuff like that. Its something we all have to do! Then, if you want, you can ever get on birth control. So, you probably want to see a doctor in the next month anyway.

OK, so I said that I don't think you're pregnant, but I suppose there is like a 1 or 2 % chance. So if you want to you can take a test, but I'd wait until at least Aug. 1 to do so. Or just wait for your period to come and try not to stress out over this, as stressing can make periods late.

Good luck!

Old 07-28-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
    VEXED1
    (female)

VEXED1 HB User
    Re: pregnant after first time? implantation bleeding?

Alright, thanks. I think I'm going to leave updates on here just in case someone else has a problem like mine.

Today, the 28th of July, I have completely no bleeding at all, not even a hint in my discharge. I am still getting cramps as I am expecting a period within a few days. I am going to wait till a week after the 8th, and if I don't get my period, I'm going to take a pregnancy test. As of now, I feel completely normal, aside from the cramping.

The broken capillary might be a possibility actually. My boyfriend's penis is above average in size. About 6 or more inches in circumference, and about 9 and a half inches long. I'd say that was pretty big for my first time. I was bleeding quite a bit after.

I have a doctors appointment for birth control in 2 weeks. I will update as needed.

Closed Thread