It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• Negative HPT but lots of Prego Signs Advice Please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
    kear0001
    (female)

kear0001 HB User
    Question Negative HPT but lots of Prego Signs Advice Please

Hi everyone,
    so heres my dilema on April first I got what i thought was my period but it was very different from the start. On day one I had cramps worse then I have ever had before and nothing helped them which was different for me, my flow was also very light. The next day no cramps but flow was barely there like it was the last day of my friend. After day two it stopped for about three days. Then i had a brownish colored spotting for about half of a day then nothing. I have noticed a cramping feeling nothing severe in my lower abdomen almost everyday so far this month, headaches low back ache nausea exhaustion sore breasts and i seem to be going to the bathroom more then usual. I took two hpt that came out negative but i am wondering if maybe it was to early. My next period should be coming around the 28th or so should I wait to see if I miss it and test again? Has anyone had anything similar happen or have any advice? I am going crazy because a lot of things online are saying I am probably pregnant but idk. Advice would be great!

Thanks all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
    hollie1984
    (female)

hollie1984 HB User
    Re: Negative HPT but lots of Prego Signs Advice Please

i have had this, i dnt want to dishearten you but i had a miscarriage a few weeks later. although that was just me the best advice you should recieve is to go and book yourself a doctors app. you could be pregnant and it was just too early to detect and its just your bodys way to cope with the changes but for health and sanity i would book to see a doc. its not worth waiting.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
    kear0001
    (female)

kear0001 HB User

Thank you for commenting I am actually at a high risk for miscarriages so I was wondering about that. I think ill go see my doctor thanks again.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
    justmel30
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

justmel30 HB User

When did you test the first time? Was it right after your period stopped or in the past couple of days? If it was just after you missed your period, it may have been a little early depending on the test you used. If it was just recently, then I would say probably not. But I would def go to the doc like your planning and get looked at just in case.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
    kear0001
    (female)

kear0001 HB User

I took a test about a week after my period

Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
    hollie1984
    (female)

hollie1984 HB User

have you had any luck yet???? hope everything is fine, please keep us updated.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
    IonRage
    (female)

IonRage HB User

You didn't say how old you are, but our bodies/mentrual cycles go thru changes every now and again. I'm inclined to say every 8-10 yrs or so. Lots of things can affect a mentrual cycle: Hormones (duh, lol), stress, sports, illness. Normal PMS symptoms can mimic pregnancy and pregnancy can mimic normal PMS symptoms. It's a crazy mixed up cycle. If you THINK you're pregnant, your mind will make you THINK you are.

That said--you can only get pg a few days a month. (Around the 14th day of your cycle-day 1 being the first day of bleeding). It can vary from a few days before to a few days after. Sometimes even lovemaking can induce ovulation. Ovulation occurs at or around day 14, implantation occurs 7-10 days after that. You could test positive at or around days 21-31. (FYI:Gestational Age is always two weeks behind actual age because dr's go by last period, not implantation.

If you took an HPT about a week after your period, you would have taken the test on day 12-15 of THIS cycle, so you would have had to have gotten pg during your LAST cycle and would have been about 3-4 weeks along already and would have most likely had a positive HPT. (except in rare cases)

and since I just noticed this post was over a year old and you didn't respond back, maybe it's safe to assume you got your period the next month and weren't pregnant

Closed Thread