It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• Am I gaining weight or am I pregnant ? Help !!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
    cats247
    (female)

cats247 HB User
    Am I gaining weight or am I pregnant ? Help !!

So I recently started taking birth control(Sunday sept 9th) and I had sex without a condom yesterday (Sunday sept 16) but I had sex maybe Tuesday without a condom and took plan b the next day so I thought I was okay but I've noticed since then I've gained some stomach. Normally it's not this size and I'm worried I may be pregnant , I've been told birth control isn't affective the first few weeks you start taking it so now I'm super paranoid about the situation): I don't really know what to do and I haven't told my boyfriend. I'm only a teen and don't want to have a baby this young ! I've made a horrible mistake , please someone help ?
    Also , my breasts have been hurting non stop for the longest time an I don't know why ! And I've been feeling sick at night too for no reason
    I thought I should add that he did not pull out either

Last edited by cats247; 09-27-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
    Catastraphy
    (female)

Catastraphy HB User
    Re: Am I gaining weight or am I pregnant ? Help !!

You're suppose to wait a month to have sex after you start birth control. So there
    May be a chance but usually I don't think you get obvious signs of pregnancy that soon. It takes a while for sperm to reach the egg. Do you know when your period is ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Catastraphy...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
    cats247
    (female)

cats247 HB User

I should be getting it around the 5th or 6th but my period is somewhat unregular /:

Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

The birth control pills may well be the cause of your tummy pooching. They are all liable to cause weight gain with different people. You will not get your period until the cycle of pills is finished, which will be about when you said. Good luck, Sera

Old 09-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

If you were taking your regular birth control pills properly (no missed pills) they would have been working already (they don't take a month or a "few weeks" to start working) so there was no reason for you to have taken Plan B. It's most likely your body reacting to the overdose of hormones you took.

Where are you getting your birth control information from? Your best bet is to read the insert that usually comes with the pills so that you understand when it's necessary to take extra precautions, and when you don't. I'm pretty sure you didn't need to do anything extra, and that you're not pregnant.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
    cats247
    (female)

cats247 HB User

I got it from a free teen health clinic in my area , the lady explained it but my friend who was also on it said otherwise

Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
    cats247
    (female)

cats247 HB User

Okay thank you so much !

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth control, fat, pregnant, sex, worried