It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• Possible pregnancy please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
    brosk
    (male)

brosk HB User
    Exclamation Possible pregnancy please help

Hi everyone,

So my girlfriend and I had intercourse on Apr 11, her expected period was on that day or the day after, apparently it has been weird lately, we like to do it right before her expected period so we can quickly notice if shes late.

The condom broke during, i noticed and stopped immediately, i didn't ejaculate and we immediately went to buy the Plan B pill, it was taken approx 30min after the intercourse with food as the pharmacist suggested.

Apparently her last period lasted from the 11th to the 22nd so I'm not sure if that would explain the late period.

It is now the 16th and still no period, she tried one of those at home pregnancy tests using household stuff and it came out negative, but I don't trust those things. She says she feels wet down there (as if she is bleeding) but when she checks, nothing.

We're both really stressed about it and I think that could delay her period as I have read. Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: Possible pregnancy please help

Hi,

Believe me when I say there is NO safe period.
    I know because I got caught out that way. I got an accurate HPT reading 10 days after sex, they are generally reliable.
    If she has taken TMAP then she is unlikely to be pregnant and this pill can cause irregularity in the following periods,
    don't take risks in future and use BC,

Solofelix.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
    WoeHoss
    (female)

WoeHoss HB User
    Re: Possible pregnancy please help

It sounds like you guys try to take precautions whenever possible, which is a good thing, and I think from the sounds of things you guys will be just fine. You stopped as soon as you noticed the protection failed, and didn't ejaculate. While it is still possible to become pregnant with the presence of pre-ejaculate, it sounds like most of it would have been contained. Also, she took the emergency contraceptive very soon after the contraceptive failure, and that's the best time to take it.

I do feel the need to point out, however, that there is no "safe" time to have sex and not become pregnant. Sperm can live in the body for up to 3-5 days, so even if her period starts the day after intercourse, she could become pregnant even while she's in the middle of her cycle. Also, period-like symptoms can be a sign of pregnancy, including bleeding. The best way to tell is to take a pregnancy test. Some tests are only effective after about 30 days, some as early as 10 days. Don't go cheap, spring for a good one. They can sometimes produce false negatives, so the best time to take it is in the morning the first time she has to pee as there are higher concentrations of pregnancy hormone to be detected, if she's even pregnant. Also, don't worry too much over a missed or late period. Stress can cause late or missed periods, and so can the emergency contraceptive. She already took one test that was negative, wait a little while and take another one and see how it comes out.

Closed Thread

Tags
    broken condom, late period, plan b, pregnancy, sex