It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• What are my risks? please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
    mjba
    (female)

mjba HB User
    Red face What are my risks? please help

Im on birthcontrol for about maybe 6 months now? and this month i missed one pill but i took it the next day when i woke up around noon, and then took my normal pill that same night. MY problem is, i had intercourse with my boyfriend 3 days before i missed the pill. I had intercourse with my boyfriend on october 1. I took my daily birthcontrol that night, took it as well on the 2nd and 3rd of october. It was on the 4th of october night that i forgot. on october 5 when i woke up around noon, i took the missed pill and the night of october i took my normal daily pill. Around 5:30 am of october 6th i woke up very nauseous and ended up throwing up. What are my risk of pregnancy because i missed a pill 3 days after i had intercourse. Could the sperm still be alive within those 3 days even though i took 3 birthcontrols after the intercourse and before i forgot? could the vomiting be because of the 2 birthcontrol pills in one day?
    My period is supposed to be due this week. im on my third sugar pill and it hasnt come. I have been cramping on my lower back for a couple of days now.

i just want to know the risk because i missed a pill even though the sex was 3 days before i missed it (could the sperm still be well and alive and passed through the cervical lining?) and even though i did what i was supposed to do when you miss a pill (take 2 the next day).
    please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: What are my risks? please help

You should be ok because technically you didn't miss that pill, you just took it late. And you took the next one at the proper time. Taking one pill out of the pack late shouldn't be an issue. You're protected from having been taking the pills before the one you took late. I'm sure when you got sick that time it was something that you ate. You wouldn't be getting morning sickness less than 24 hours after having sex if you got pregnant. It takes at least 2 weeks or more to start having any kind of pregnancy symptoms. I don't think you'd get pregnant in this situation anyway cause you didn't actually miss that pill, you just took it late.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
    mjba
    (female)

mjba HB User
    Re: What are my risks? please help

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
    You should be ok because technically you didn't miss that pill, you just took it late. And you took the next one at the proper time. Taking one pill out of the pack late shouldn't be an issue. You're protected from having been taking the pills before the one you took late. I'm sure when you got sick that time it was something that you ate. You wouldn't be getting morning sickness less than 24 hours after having sex if you got pregnant. It takes at least 2 weeks or more to start having any kind of pregnancy symptoms. I don't think you'd get pregnant in this situation anyway cause you didn't actually miss that pill, you just took it late.

thank you so much. I was just having so many questions because i dont know how long one pills protection lasts.
    and since i had intercourse on the first of oct, it was 3 days AFTER that i "missed" or took the pill late, and since i had already taken 3 pills after the intercourse.
    i know i have read somewhere that sperm can lasts up to 3 days, thats why i was freaking out.
    thank you so much. all i can do is wait for my period this week.

And i was also freaking out is that my stomach isnt sensitive and i rarely ever throw up, so throwing up the night after taking the 2 pills was something new to me.

Closed Thread

Tags
    advice, birthcontrol, pregnancy, risk