It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board

• Missed pills and unprotected sex

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
    Allie2666
    (female)

Allie2666 HB User
    Missed pills and unprotected sex

I am on a birth control pill, but have been awful about taking it this month. The doctor messed it up and I was 2 days late starting it (so instead if tarting the pack Sunday I started it on Tuesday) . I had unprotected sex the weekend following the start and realized I missed my Friday pill. I then forgot to take a couple pills the next week and also had unprotected sex that weekend. I had some spotting and almost like a period for a few days I'm assuming from missing all the pills. I gave up and just said I would start the pills the next weekend and do it right but I had unprotected sex this last Friday. I am supposed to get my actual period today but I'm just wondering if I have anytbing to be worried about pregnancy wise and if I should be expecting my period to be on time or later. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
    Re: Missed pills and unprotected sex

It's possible you've either totally messed up your cycle missing all those pills, or you're pregnant. And yup, you definitely have something to be worried about, but all you can do at this point is wait for your period.

If your period hasn't come in 2 weeks, take a pregnancy test. Meanwhile, have protected sex (condoms).

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thisby For This Useful Post:
    Allie2666 (03-02-2015)
    Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #3
    Allie2666
    (female)

Allie2666 HB User

I'm hoping that my cycle is just messed up but I don't know at this point. I'm very scared

Old 03-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I would be worried too if I was in your shoes. Missing so many pills and having unprotected sex is how girls get pregnant. Hopefully you'll get lucky and escape it this time but definitely don't ever have sex without a condom ever again until you're ready to be a mom.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
    Jaionmythird
    (female)

Jaionmythird HB User

I would definitely be concerned hun. I also wouldn't start your pills until you are certain you aren't pregnant! If by chance you are and you continue to take your birth control it can cause serious harm to the baby! Good luck hun!

Closed Thread

Tags
    advice, birth control pill, pregnancy, pregnancy help, unprotected sex