It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Percocet and pregnancy! If you have experienced this, please give some feedback

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
    firsttimemama16
    (female)

firsttimemama16 HB User
    Unhappy Percocet and pregnancy! If you have experienced this, please give some feedback

Hello, I'm a first time mom, at 35 weeks (will be 36 in 2 days) and am stressing out right about now.
    Prior to getting pregnant, I had been taking 10 mg percocet.. anywhere from 4 to 5 times a day for horrible back pain due to scoliosis, and on top of that I was in a car wreck that made the back pain even worse! As if all of this on top of pregnancy's normal aches and pains aren't enough, I got diagnosed with chronic migraines starting my second trimester.
    My OB knows I am on percocet, and told me to continue taking it, but he never really talked about how much was safe for baby.. he just tells me "try not to take it if you can" -- DUH. I know that there is a possibility that my daughter will be born with it in her system because I have been taking them throughout my entire pregnancy.

It has been an uphill battle trying to wean off of these things. I have weaned down to 5mg (10mg broken in half, which lessens the potency) twice a day, and am pushing for only taking 1 a day.. but the heavier I get, the worse my pain gets. I don't know how I did it with the amount of pain I've been in. And I have not been relying on medication alone. I've been getting regular back and neck adjustments, and have started my maternity leave early to try and lessen some of the pain.

I really wanted to be off the meds by now, or at least to no more than 2.5 mg a day.

Can someone who has went through this before share your experience? I'm very worried, and by the looks of it, I don't know that I could get down to any lower than this. If she is born with this in her system just because I couldn't control my pain, I more than likely wont be able to forgive myself.

HELPPPP!

Last edited by firsttimemama16; 04-09-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    advice or experience, oxycodone, percocet, pregnancy