It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Help me! 34 just found out im pregnant.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2016, 03:19 AM   #1
    FLgirl82
    (female)

FLgirl82 HB User
    Help me! 34 just found out im pregnant.

God I just need help. I had thought about having kids at one time of my life when I was about 30, but I soon realized that it wasn't going to be for me. I didn't want to go back on birth control because I was on it for a very good stretch of my life. So we were just being careful using same app that people use to try and get pregnant to avoid getting pregnant. Well we had an accident now I'm pregnant and dont know what to do. Any advice for new mom at 34?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Help me! 34 just found out im pregnant.

Though this was an accident, my hope is that one day you look back at this season in your life and know that it was one of the best things that ever happened to you. There is nothing like being a mom. I hope that your boyfriend is on board to have the baby, and that next year you tell us what you named the precious!!!! So many millions of women can't have babies... this is a blessing.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #3
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hello & congratulations on the little one!

I was like you, I never wanted children - even told my now husband when we met that I didn't want them and he best find someone else if he did, he is 9yrs older than me which is why that conversation was important to have. He chose me over having a family.

I am so so thankful now, for three children has made me the person I am today, I would have had much much more if hubby hadn't went and got a vasectomy when I was pregnant with #3.

Anyway, I just thought I would share my story with you. I am your age now and I would still have more if I could <3

Best of luck!
    K

Last edited by Administrator; 12-05-2016 at 09:50 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dragonfly Wings:
    sweetpotato13 (11-25-2016)
    Old 11-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
    FLgirl82
    (female)

FLgirl82 HB User

Ladies thank you so much, can't tell u how much I needed to hear those things. My boyfriend is definitely on board, I actually am one of the lucky ones in that department. He has 2 kids of his own already they are 13 and 15. So he knows how it all works just nice to get a mom perspective. My biggest fear at this point is based on app I'm 4 weeks and 2 day and I drank a few of those days, I didn't know until last night. So kind of worried about that. Let's just say didn't get much sleep wondering about all the things that are going to be different. Fear of not being the mom type and affectionate enough. So many things and way I could go on and on. Just want to tell u ladies how much I appreciate u taking the time to say nice things to a complete stranger. I look forwarding to talking to u somemore. I hope u ladies had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Xoxo flgirl82

The following user gives a hug of support to FLgirl82:
    Old 11-24-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

You're most welcome Believe it or not 2/3 of my pregnancies I have been on a huge drinking binge right before finding out I was pregnant and my kidlets are fine so please don't stress yourself or beat yourself up about it. These things happen. Our little humans are pretty resilient while they're baking in there

Try and just relax and go with the flow. I actually said I was too selfish to have kids as I didn't think I could care for so many people at a time - but the growing belly sucks you in, then the kicks and all the rest of it. But looking in to your own child's eyes and holding them for that first time is seriously magical. Something you can't describe, a feeling out of this world that nature develops just for us to enjoy.

It's a long journey, sometimes a rough bumpy one when you want to give up and you question yourself, but I promise you it's normal <3

We're always here for a chat when you want us to!

Take it easy hunni xx

Old 11-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
    sgtgrl
    (female)

sgtgrl HB User

Congrats. Once the fear subsidies you'll realize how amazing this blessing is. You will be okay. Take some prenatal vitamins, get in to see an OBGYN and prepare for the best ride of your life.

The following user gives a hug of support to sgtgrl:
    Old 11-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #7
    mmisty
    (female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

Happy for you. I gave birth at ages 38 & 39 to 2 healthy baby boys. I would not trade being a mother for anything. Take care of yourself! Enjoy your pregnancy. Your life will change yes, but for the better!

Old 11-27-2016, 05:55 PM   #8
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Hello Just checking in to see how you're going?

I hope all is well!
    K

Old 11-30-2016, 02:18 AM   #9
    FLgirl82
    (female)

FLgirl82 HB User

Things are going well found out I am 5 weeks. I really want to tell me mom and sister but I don't want to u know. It recommends wait till about 14 weeks to make announcement. I'm wondering if I can even wait that long. Friends of mine already noticed my boobs getting bigger lol. Do u lovely ladies have any suggests. Oh let me let u in on a secret my mom keep telling me I'm going to have a baby one day I kept saying no, I don't like kids. Don't u hate when mom's are right.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Will they (mom and sis) be happy that you're pregnant? If so, I would wait and tell them on Christmas! That would be very special.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #11
    rosemary778
    (female)

rosemary778 HB User

congratulations!!! I am a mother and I am 16. my son will be 1 December 15. the pregnancy is the long part, although you will have very long sleepless nights. I miss not being a mother because I am not as active as I once was, and I am diagnosis with a lot more health problems now. I didn't have diabetes threw-out my pregnancy, but the doctor blamed my pregnancy for giving me diabetes about 3-5 months after I had my son. I wouldn't trade him for the world. my favorite part is how he's walking now and sayin' ''mama'' and don't let anyone tell you different that baby will always look up to you and love you! take care, in the end everything will work out!

Old 12-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #12
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

I am so glad everything is going well for you! Some people wait, others don't. My first pregnancy I personally waited until after 12wks, but I was also young and needed to process everything myself before I let anyone else know. My other pregnancies I told my Mum/Nan right away as soon as I knew LOL.

I have been hoping it was all going well for you! If you can handle hanging out until Christmas, I would try get an ultrasound once you're a bit further along and give Mum a framed ultrasound pic or something hehehehe.

All the best!
    K.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-05-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:25 AM   #13
    FLgirl82
    (female)

FLgirl82 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetpotato13 View Post
    Will they (mom and sis) be happy that you're pregnant? If so, I would wait and tell them on Christmas! That would be very special.
    Taking ur advice and doing it Christmas. It would be after my heartbeat appt. Was thinking some kind of game give them clues to guess. Unless one of u lovely ladies has another idea xoxox

Old 12-05-2016, 05:41 AM   #14
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I think it's a little risky to expect them to guess, but what I would do is wrap up a pair of unisex color baby socks with a little note to your mom (and another box with a pair of baby socks for your sister) and write, "you're going to be a grandma!/aunt! and tell them your due date.

What I did to announce my own pregnancy was to put a little Cabbage Patch doll (it was the 80s, lol) and write, I'm pregnant! on a cake, but I'm betting you want to tell everyone before dessert.

Just make it very clear, and very upbeat.Are you feeling well?

Last edited by sweetpotato13; 12-05-2016 at 05:42 AM.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:01 AM   #15
    FLgirl82
    (female)

FLgirl82 HB User
    Smile Re: Help me! 34 just found out im pregnant.

Sweetpotato13,

Thank you for the idea.

I am feeling ok. I actually got lucky and my husband has morning sickness. But I have been pooping a lot which is good, because I never used to. I feel hot all the time which is not normal for me. VERY BLOATED holy cow I look like I am 5 months pregnant, which makes it pretty hard to hide. I am also super tired, trying to exercise in morning but man so tired. My boobs have grown like crazy, which kind of sucks because they were big already. They hurt so bad too. I had to go get remeasured at Victoria yesterday for some replacements. My concern at this moment is the heartbeat appt. I am so excited about it I want it to be here now lol. I also was wondering if I should take a calcium supplement with my prenatals. I don't consume a lot of dairy I am trying to work on that. Sorry going on and on. Figured its nice to talk to experienced moms.

Closed Thread