It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Ovulation & Pregnancy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
    Petite_Sharon

Petite_Sharon HB User
    Question Ovulation & Pregnancy

Hi,

I am ttc am 33yrs old & was wondering my last period was 22 Nov, 26 day cycle.

Not sure when I ovulated think it was Thurs 4 Dec 13th day of cycle as last day of cervical mucus, 5th Dec dry.
    I had intercourse on the days 30th Nov, 1st Dec, 3rd Dec, 4th Dec COULD I END UP FALLING PREGNANT?

*Should I have had intercourse on the 5th Dec as well? It's just that I was dry.

I have searched the internet & they say you should have intercourse on the day of ovulation & the day after. *But I was dry the day after.

I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE TO ASK.

* Why should intercourse be done day the after ovulation as well?
    * Are you able to tell if you are pregnant even before you miss a period?
    * What would the symptoms be?
    * IF I FELT MALE EJACULATION HAPPENED WOULD I STILL FALL PREGNANT OR NOT?. Is it because not in deep enough or what?(feel embarressed asking this question but would like to know).

I know you should try the day before ovulation & on the day of ovulation.

My next period is due 17th or 18th December. I am anxious hope I am pregnant this time.

I hope my questions can be answered.

Regards
    Sharon

Last edited by Petite_Sharon; 12-05-2003 at 07:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 10:09 PM   #2
    Blastoff9600
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
    Re: Ovulation & Pregnancy

A great book that will answer this and many other questions you might need answered is Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. You can get it at your local library.
    The reason for having sex the day after you think you Oed is to try to give you better odds at catching the egg. You coudl O later than youthink and if you dont do the extra day of bding you could miss the egg.
    Some people can tell they are pregnant before a missed period but that can be iffy becuase the common signs of pregnancy and PMS often mimic each other. Your best bet is to wait for your period and see what happens.
    I knew with my second son but I was charting my temps and such so I know when I oed and that a triphase chart gave a bit of a hint to get a pregnancy test done even though my period was still a few days away.
    Read the Pregnancy Info for teens etc sticky toward the top of the pregnancy page.
    As for feeling your partner ejaculate that wont effect you getting pregnant or not. I feel my dh most the time even when he is in deep and I do have two kids. Granted have to deal with infertility trying to get our second son and of course while trying now. As along as the penis is inside the vagina when he ejaculates then you should be fine.
    Again get that book because it can help you in more ways than you know.
    TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread