It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Shortness of breath or can't catch breath

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2004, 08:12 AM   #1
    Teresa882003
    Veteran

Teresa882003 HB User
    Shortness of breath or can't catch breath

Hi ladies hope all are well. I have had a little shortness of breath at night as I lay down to go to sleep. But never had in any other time. I am 19 weeks an I have had shortness of breath/trouble catching breath all morning and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I new it would get worse but expected it to be later on in the pregnancy when I am larger. I did notice last Thursday that it seemed almost overnight that BAM my belly was rounded and I am definately showing. I am still however still able to wear some of my regular clothes, but it won't be long before I will be in strickly maternity. Has anyone else had this shortness of breath this early, and all I am doing is sitting at my desk and getting up alittle to go fax or pull files. Any ideas? Didn't know if I should be concerned since I am only 19 weeks.
    Its a Girl 1/12/06

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
    Amy_D
    (female)

Amy_D HB User
    Re: Shortness of breath or can't catch breath

i Am 18 weeks pg (well i will be tomorrow) and i have been having some shortness of breath. It doesn't happen when i do anything really tiring either, i could just move from one place to another. It doesn't happen all the time just sometimes. My belly seemed to have just popped up one night too, i am tiny to begin with so i was really bloated at first but just lately i looked at myself and i am most definatly showing, i need to buy some new pant's soon! If you are really concerned you can always call your doctor, but shortness of breath does come with pregnancy, and everyone can experiance it differently! hope I helped some!

Amy D

Old 02-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #3
    nyxin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
    Re: Shortness of breath or can't catch breath

hello ladies. your babies have now filled up your abdomen and because your abdomen muscles don't want to give way as fast as your little one is growning it puts pressure on your diaphram into your lungs. just wait, it gets worse. the best thing to do is get an all 4's and let your belly drop towards the floor then round your back in a smooth motion. this will encourage the little guy (or gal) to get their legs out of your diaphram! do not sleep on your backs anymore, it puts too much pressure on your siatic nerve and can mess up breathing and heart stuff even more. lay on your left side with a pillow between your knees. i suggest getting an egg cartom matress thingy for more cusion as you get larger, even the softest bed was awful for me. if you are still having trouble, try sitting up in a recliner to doze, but if it is too much to bear then call your OB! good luck, this is the best part of your lives.
    C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread