It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Baby movements- when Mom changes sleeping positions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2004, 10:46 PM   #1
    Cindy2003

Cindy2003 HB User
    Baby movements- when Mom changes sleeping positions

Hi,

When I change my sleeping positions at night, the baby moves very hard and a lot. I suppose the baby has found a compfy position and suddenly he is up side down (due to my changing sleeping positions). So he feels uncomfortable and has to grasp onto sth and struggle to find himself a better positon. But you know it takes the baby about 10 mins to settle himself, and I really cannot sleep after that and have to change my sleeping position once again. Then the whole process restarts. I also have this horrible back pain and it is really difficult to find a less painful sleeping position.

Has any one of you expereienced this? How should I deal with it?

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
    nyxin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
    Re: Baby movements- when Mom changes sleeping positions

if you have a recliner i would start sleeping in that. also, try an egg carton liner if you insist on sleeping in bed, but so you know as you get further along you will have to sleep in the recliner. i had to for 2 months as it was the only way to help my back, breathing and to keep my feet up. good luck to you.
    C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
    fouradss
    (female)

fouradss HB User

Cindy,
    I have the exact same problem. Her movement doesn't bother me, but my back certainly does. It doesn't matter how I lay i'm uncomfortable. Certain positions make my legs go numb, or my arms. I think I am going to have to try sleeping in the recliner. My poor dh is sick of not sleeping.

Good Luck,
    Alicia

Old 02-18-2004, 07:32 AM   #4
    Trio
    Veteran
    (female)

Trio HB User

This might sound crazy but I had a terrible time the other night getting comfortable and tossed and turned and couldn't sleep all night. I finally got up and made myself a bed on the floor.....(I used to camp alot and get wonderful sleep on the flat ground). And it worked! I was comfortable and fell asleep almost immediately...until the dog woke me up by licking my face in the morning! I don't know if it was the firmer surface, or just the idea in my head...but it worked and I was able to get a couple of hours sleep.

Last night, I decided to take a warm bath to relax myself and then went straight from the tub to the bed. I slept like a rock. I don't know if it was actually the bath or my body just catching up from previous sleepless nights, but I feel much better today.

Hope you get some ZZZZzzzz's soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Trio

Last edited by Trio; 02-18-2004 at 07:33 AM.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:04 PM   #5
    rose028
    Inactive

rose028 HB User

Hi my back hurts to and i had alot of the same problems but i got a full body pillow that helped me stay in one spot and helped my back alot it's called the snoogle maybe that might help . Well good luck and take care

Old 02-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #6
    kcferret
    (female)

kcferret HB User

I have an assortment of pillows that I switch out until I find a good position. I haven't really had any back pain yet but I have had the numbness issue and the whole shifting baby thing. The little guy throws a fit when I switch positions. Luckily that doesn't bother me much except I feel a bit bad that I "woke" him up too.

I hope I don't have to resort to a recliner, I have never been able to sleep upright, even reclined. I did notice that when I stayed up a bit later a couple times until I was actually kind of tired that I slept alot better. I have usually been going to bed at 9PM and getting up around 6AM which I think is a bit too much even though they say get as much sleep as you can afford. I end up tossing and turning if I go to bed when I am not tired though.

Like I said I don't have the back pain thing but I have a wierd burning pain in my skin just under my breasts when I lay down. Not sure what that is about and seems no one else does either since my post about it didn't get any replies. I'll just have to ask my doc on the 23rd.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #7
    Cindy2003

Cindy2003 HB User
    Smile Re: Baby movements- when Mom changes sleeping positions

Thank you very much for all your responses. Kcferret may be right. I too slept a lot as I thought sleeping would help the baby grow. If I sleep too much, I wake up many times at night and it is more difficult going back to sleep.

There is sth interesting. When I was around 20 wks, I took a wk off and slept like 11 hrs a day and had gained 5 pounds that week (and altogether I had gained 8 pounds that month). The doctor said I need to control my diet (but I think it was to do with the sleeping). And my belly grew at a rapid speed after that wk. Maybe it was that rapid growth of the belly which worsened my back pain in these wks. I am now 25 wks.

Closed Thread