It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board

• Brown Blood

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2004, 06:05 AM   #1
    blue_eyed_girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
    Angry Brown Blood

This is the third week for this to happen. The first time it lasted about 3 days, just on toilet paper. The second time it didn't even last a day. It started again yesterday afternoon about 3:00. The first two times I called the doctor's. The first time, the nurse told me to stay home with my feet up. The second time she told me I didn't even need to leave work. Both times, she gave me the same speech and told me not to worry unless the blood turns bright red. I didn't even call this time. I am not worried. I trust the nurse. I had an appt on Monday and the dr didn't seem to be worried about the bleeding, either. I am really annoyed and frustrated. It is wierd, but I knew it was going to start yesterday. I am starting to expect it every week, like I was expecting my period every month.

Has any one gone throught this or going through this now? It would be nice to know I am not the only one. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
    Nutshell
    Veteran
    (female)

Nutshell HB User
    Re: Brown Blood

Blue Eyed~I never did this with my previous pregnancy but I had a friend who did. She worried herself sick over it. You are not alone. She had the brown blood for a while. She now has a healthy 3 month old little boy. Well not so little. He weighed 9lbs at birth!!

Old 05-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #3
    AmyTx
    (female)

AmyTx HB User

Always remember with brown blood it means old blood... red blood is new blood.... try not to wory to much over this alot of women have this happen to go on to have healthy babies

Amy

Old 05-29-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
    willsmommy
    Veteran

willsmommy HB User

Yep agree with all thats been said so far. Also its worth seeing if your doc can locate the cause of the bleeding, often its simply an area on the cervix known as an erosion. Other times more rarely its coming from the placenta, but the blood is then bright red and far heavier. Had both kinds myself. In both cases had a healthy baby in the end.

Good Luck.

Old 06-01-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
    blue_eyed_girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Thanks for the replies. I am not worried. I am just frustrated and annoyed with it!!! I have read that your body has a extra blood when pregnant and sometimes your "cup runneth over." I have a little blood in my nose in the mornings, so maybe that is what it is. I just have more blood.

Thanks again.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:33 PM   #6
    kmerriman

kmerriman HB User

Don't know if you have found the source of your blood but I too had brown blood. Actually, after straining to have a bowel movement i noticed some pink (definitely not coming from rectum) then for a day or two after it would be brown. I would happen every couple of weeks. Around 30 weeks or so I had to have an internal exam done and they saw that I have a polyp. That was the source of the blood for me. Being constipated and having to strain was causing the polyp to bleed. I hope your problem is something as simple as that.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #7
    cee27
    Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

I've been having brown blood for about a week....the first day it was red and every since then it has been brown...i visited the doctor when it first started and everything looks good they said..it's just annoying.....i haven't seen any brown blood since this morning..so, i'm praying it STOP!

Old 06-23-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
    kmerriman

kmerriman HB User

cee27:

How far along are you? It is scary anytime you see blood while you are pregnant. However there seems to be a lot of different things it can be without it being something bad. Another scenario my doc thought it may have been was a broken capillary or something like that. I hope you do not see any more blood.

Old 06-24-2004, 03:16 AM   #9
    cee27
    Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

I'm about 5 weeks and they couldn't find where the bleeding was coming from..they just put me on some restrictions..no sex, plenty of rest, no doing laundry, or picking up heavy things,,,,and the blood is brown..it only was red the day before my doc's appt...my levels are still moving along at a nice pace. i'm not really worried about anymore,..i can't worry myself sick. my mom said she bleed for a whole week,and my fiancee's mom bleed thru her own pregnancy with his brother...the people at the office said they like to see brown..brown doesnt scare them..bright red, blood clots scare them

Old 06-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #10
    blue_eyed_girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I have been told over and over not to worry unless there is bright red blood. However, when you see brown blood off and on for seven weeks ( I am 13 weeks), it tends to scare the hell out of you. I have been to the ER twice. Both time saw the baby and heard the hb. The last time I went in, they told me I had a small detachment. I go in on July 6th for another u/s with my doctor.

It started up again on Wednesday. It was a little heavier than usual. It was still brown, but more red/brown this time. Kind of like a brick. I was told to go home and lie on my left side. That didn't last long after I got home. It is now back to brown spotting and is very, very light. I stayed home on Thursday also, just to be safe.

I am still scared to death. I don't care what color your blood is, call your doctor. Brown blood isn't necessarily bad, but it doesn't hurt to get checked out. If you are soaking a pad an hour, not matter what color, go to the ER. If you are cramping and bleeding call your DR or go to the ER.

Take care of yourselves.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:54 AM   #11
    cee27
    Senior Veteran

cee27 HB User

i finally stop bleeding brown blood two days ago...it's last approx. 6 days

Old 06-25-2004, 08:08 AM   #12
    blue_eyed_girl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I hope it doesn't start up again. Mine lasts 1-3 days once a week. Mine hasn't been a flow, just spotting, mostly.

Closed Thread